The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (11-17) 2022

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Don't know how McDavid was deemed offside on that play. Putrid display of officiating call but I'll take it!

I’m just enjoying the Oilers all whine about it and the media all jumping to McDavids defense. :lol:

Like the Canucks get jobbed by the refs regularly with goals called back and not a sound from our team or the media.

You can tell McDavid and the Oilers have faced very little adversity. They’re so used to getting every call it’s funny watching them so confused.  And they’re still whining about a called back goal against Calgary in a series they won. :picard:

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I’m just enjoying the Oilers all whine about it and the media all jumping to McDavids defense. :lol:

Like the Canucks get jobbed by the refs regularly with goals called back and not a sound from our team or the media.

You can tell McDavid and the Oilers have faced very little adversity. They’re so used to getting every call it’s funny watching them so confused.  

2011 hardened us all.

McDavid and the Oilers have a long way to go...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Friendly reminder Devils fans would pay to dump this guy. Everyone there knows he's literally Myers 2.0. Staaaay awayyyyy canucks!!!

I know some here love this guy so you might want go start looking into your boi:P

Yep. So many people wanted this guy in a Miller trade.

He’s not what we need at all. People would be complaining about his cap hit as much as a Myers.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s not what we need at all. People would be complaining about his cap hit as much as a Myers.

I think we can lay blame at the feet of our owner for these trades where we bring back guys at their ceiling.  So I can see why we might have interest in this Severson guy instead of Bahl.  

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hypothetically I would take him for cap purposes of a bigger deal but I'm flipping him at the TDL lol

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think we can lay blame at the feet of our owner for these trades where we bring back guys at their ceiling.  So I can see why we might have interest in this Severson guy instead of Bahl.  

Yeah we are quite honestly one of the only franchises that always focuses the developed / peaking guys while giving up the kid you have to develop. Meanwhile we are stuck eating a negative value contract because the player has some leverage as a RFA and got overpaid and that ELC kid is turning into something elsewhere for a fraction of the cost:lol:

We all deserve a Xmas bonus cheque from FA for putting up with this team always 

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Blues were shorthanded too!

I suggest people go and watch the tying goal. Nurse with the absolutely brutal turnover and then lays down in front of the net. So glad the Oilers handed him 9 mil. :lol:

Oilers finally got jobbed by the refs too. Should have won it in OT. McDavid and Oilers fans whining about that. :lol: First time they’ve lost a game in extra time.

I dunno, I had mixed feelings about the goal being waived off but it was funny 

Lot of teams right on our heels

16 hours ago, Maginator said:

Don't know how McDavid was deemed offside on that play. Putrid display of officiating call but I'll take it!

"McDavid on called back OT goal: 'The league's got to clarify some of these rules'" LOL - I just watched the replay and I don't know where McDavid learned to play hockey, but when I grew up, the rule was pretty clear - puck has to cross the line first - pretty sure that's the same today - both his skates were clearly passed the blue line and the puck still on the center ice side.