The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, Odd. said:

2020-present Canucks are going to be remembered as one the worst era of absolute uninspired hockey in franchise history 

I’m as frustrated as anyone, but if someone thinks this they definitely haven’t watched this franchise since the very beginning. There have been many more iterations of the Canucks who were even more terrible. Sadly, the frank reality is 75% of the time when the Canucks have existed has been mired in mediocrity or worse. The good times are the rare ones and it’s why they’re so cherished and memorable by fans who are used to losing.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Except that we are a Jeckyl and Hyde team - our offense is GF 11th and PP 7th but GA 30th and PK 32%. So right we get to watch goals being scored by the Canucks, but also poor defensive plays. This is what's weird about our team, we're not bad in all areas - we're bad in the ones that lose games - GA and PK.

Is that good enough for everyone a Jekyll and Hyde team? It isn't for me. I am tired of this garbage.

• Cheers 1

My wife and I agreed that we will not waste money on a Canucks game this season. Terrible value and entertainment. Having just 5 wins at home is inexcusable. The lack of effort is even more infuriating. 

What’s even more sad is that this team will in no way be worse than the Ducks or Blackhawks so forget about dreaming of Bedard. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

The problems on home ice are a direct result of the music played on home ice on breaks. I saw a playlist thing posted a while back, MIller=Metallica.

Havent heard a Metallica song on a single canucks game this year.

The goal song sucks. Who wants to hear that again?

The last two songs played on stoppages were ABBA and "99 red Leuf Balloons?" Like, dont think we have any germans or over 50 players on the team.... 

48 minutes ago, Odd. said:

2020-present Canucks are going to be remembered as one the worst era of absolute uninspired hockey in franchise history 

Actually go back a few more years than that, 2016 at least.

Hey they are tanking after all YAAAAA!

Players want off the team, those that have good futures or contracts already.

Bruce is saying how the team has come back from this many times before, I wonder which team, a wrestling tag team?

He just told a little white lie, when he took over last year they were 7 pts out, they are 7 points out now. After he took over last year they quickly closed that gap to 6 points out so not really true. 

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

2020, beat the Wild, Defending Champs then took Vegas to 7. Not even close my ass. 

Demko took Vegas to 7.  The rest of the team just watched. 

Beat the Wild?  In a play-in.  Big deal.  In a normal season, they might not even have qualified for the playoffs.  Thats how bad their play tailed off that season

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

So are you, just speculating only 2 have it. 

It's literally been confirmed by the team that only those two players as of now are sick not playing as a result, how is that speculation? 

If the team/coach actually comes out with a statement that more players are actually sick, that's what confirmation is. 

I don't know what you don't understand about that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, juggmon said:

Demko took Vegas to 7.  The rest of the team just watched. 

Beat the Wild?  In a play-in.  Big deal.  In a normal season, they might not even have qualified for the playoffs.  Thats how bad their play tailed off that season

Doesn’t nullify what they did. They won. Next.