The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Because there are teams that cannot land players like Boeser/Garland without overpaying grossly in UFA.  Getting guys like them with term at market value without giving up assets is huge.

If they are at market value with good term, why do we want to get rid of both (Beoser is neither by the way)? We don’t need booths cap space.

just quickly looking at numbers; Bo resign +2.25m, New RHD + 5.5-6m, resign Kuz +5m, Resign Bear & Schenn +800k = 14m

- Trade Beoser -6.65m, trade Myers in summer -6m = 12.7m

• Haha 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

Your sense of hopelessness is certainly understandable.

The next 10 games will tell the story of the 2023 Canucks. All the teams they play through January 21st

have better records than the Canucks and are racing for a better spot in the playoffs.  By the end of that

timeframe, the Nucks will show what they can/cannot do.  The worst case scenario is if they manage to

stay in the middle of the pack, clinging onto a playoff spot and refuse to trade the UFAs(although

I have a hard time believing that the management could be that dumb).

It sure feels a lot like last season.  I sure hope it's not a repeat.

I love the team. It's the inconsistency that drives me nuts.

Must be driving Bruce nuts as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

funny thing is one side of the coin is unable to see the other side.

Not at all how that works. Constant crying about fans celebrating a win and blaming the teams mediocrity on that celebrating is beyond pathetic. 

But sure keep white knighting for the debbie downer. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not at all how that works. Constant crying about fans celebrating a win and blaming the teams mediocrity on that celebrating is beyond pathetic. 

But sure keep white knighting for the debbie downer. 

And here  you are again.

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

you want 'pom poms' fine by me

you want disappointment, fine by me fine

just don't tell me/others how to be a fan.

No one is saying pom poms only, but coming in every loss and crying about people being happy about it is getting old. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

And here  you are again.

Wanna be miserable after a loss? Go nuts, but call people out and cry about them being happy for a win and get called out for it pretty god damn simple. 

Especially after a 3 game win streak. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If they are at market value with good term, why do we want to get rid of both (Beoser is neither by the way)? We don’t need booths cap space.

just quickly looking at numbers; Bo resign +2.25m, New RHD + 5.5-6m, resign Kuz +5m, Resign Bear & Schenn +800k = 14m

- Trade Beoser -6.65m, trade Myers in summer -6m = 12.7m

We need to re allocate forward assets to improve our D, that is pretty common knowledge, otherwise we would keep them.

Yes, Boeser at 6.65 and .7 PPG is absolutely market value for a 2nd liner.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, BCNate said:

We need to re allocate forward assets to improve our D, that is pretty common knowledge, otherwise we would keep them.

Yes, Boeser at 6.65 and .7 PPG is absolutely market value for a 2nd liner.

Brock Beoser is a function of getting top line minutes and being gifted #1PP. 60% of his points and 50% of his goals are from the PP. when one actually watches games you see; poor skating, doesn’t use his size, no speed, poor effort, and minimal defensive effort. What you get; some good passes and gifted goals. If we put Kuz in the same situations, he’d completely destroy Beosers #s…ditto Ilya too.

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wanna be miserable after a loss? Go nuts, but call people out and cry about them being happy for a win and get called out for it pretty god damn simple. 

Especially after a 3 game win streak. 

did you ever notice that the people you quote and identify as being 'wrong in your eyes' rarely quote you to start with?

They  seem to have no problem, stating their bit in a general way and then going away.

But some how others need to quote them and start trying to make it personal.

Having said that, don't bother coming back at me- I won't see it anyway.

Edited by Gurn
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Brock Beoser is a function of getting top line minutes and being gifted #1PP. 60% of his points and 50% of his goals are from the PP. when one actually watches games you see; poor skating, doesn’t use his size, no speed, poor effort, and minimal defensive effort. What you get; some good passes and gifted goals. If we put Kuz in the same situations, he’d completely destroy Beosers #s…ditto Ilya too.

If it’s that simple it’d be true. Boudreau can’t just put together a roster to increase trade value. He needs to win to keep his job and in the current role Brock is producing, period.

Just now, Gurn said:

did you ever notice that the people you quote and identify as being 'wrong in your eyes' rarely quote you to start with?

They  seem to have no problem, stating their bit in a general way and then going away.

But some how others need to quote them and start trying to make it personal.

Yawn, others interject and white knight and more than 1 person called him out. So try again hot shot. 

• Upvote 1