The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 29 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 5:00pm PT/6pm MT/8:00pm ET - Canada Life Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Las Vegas has not been to cup finals 3 times and won president trophy 2 times or have any Art Ross or Selke winners or Calder or Vezina winners. They were lucky with draft and the league gave them an edge lol

They’ve been to as many cup finals as Vancouver has in the span. We aren’t talking individual achievements and presidents trophies don’t really mean anything other than a pat on the shoulder. 

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

Starting to understand why shenn called miller out. Sign horvat and get miller TF out.  Toxic crap!!!!!!!!! 

Still no clue why they prioritized Miller over Horvat. Whatevs though the Horvat haters will find out real quick what a great player he is 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Huh? What you saying? This loss was not on him. He didn’t miss any defensive responsibilities that turned on a goal against. 

They all stopped skating after the first. The loss was based on dumb penalties, a bad PS call and a piss poor PK, again.

Imagine blaming this loss on Miller and being upset that our rookie goalie didn’t know what the f*ck he was doing at the end there and Miller was pissed because it cost us a last chance to get up the ice with the extra man…

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Whatever. Until you actually see first hand what goes on, then you have no right to comment on that

I don’t know what the big deal was. He didn’t hear him so he yelled. I’m sure they talked about it after 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

They’ve been to as many cup finals as Vancouver has in the span. We aren’t talking individual achievements and presidents trophies don’t really mean anything other than a pat on the shoulder. 

They have been to 3 cup finals? What are you talking about?? So president trophy and everything else means nothing and Las Vegas has been to cup finals 3 times. Next you will talk about how Las Vegas won a Stanley cup already. Dude stop smoking weed, it's bad for you.

Whatever. Until you actually see first hand what goes on, then you have no right to comment on that

I’ve played enough hockey in my time to know a sore loser when I see one. Being mad at yourself is one thing , taking your frustration out on a fellow player is quite a bit different. In plain view for everybody to see.  No good!! 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine blaming this loss on Miller and being upset that our rookie goalie didn’t know what the f*ck he was doing at the end there and Miller was pissed because it cost us a last chance to get up the ice with the extra man…

You know I haven’t once blamed Miller for tonights loss right? 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The haters here always go to Miller like a god damn fall guy. Bo gives the puck away leading to a goal against, it somehow becomes Miller’s fault. Miller yelling at Delia to get his ass moving, it Miller’s fault he didn’t go when he should have. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

They have been to 3 cup finals? What are you talking about?? So president trophy and everything else means nothing and Las Vegas has been to cup finals 3 times. Next you will talk about how Las Vegas won a Stanley cup already. Dude stop smoking weed, it's bad for you.

Man you are simple. I said the last 25 years. 

2 minutes ago, Tanti9 said:

well a non nhl’er will play it by the book

he’s not a regular, typically a goalie is expected to move when the puck is up ice and in possession in the offensive zone 

sometimes a leader needs to recognize who’s in the net

That’s not true.  Miller had clear possession of the puck and was literally waiting for Delia to get his a** to the bench. You don’t wait until the puck is all the way up the ice when there is only a minute left. We needed the extra man on the ice to push possession into the offensive zone.  That didn’t happen and Winnipeg got possession and scored. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

I’ve played enough hockey in my time to know a sore loser when I see one. Being mad at yourself is one thing , taking your frustration out on a fellow player is quite a bit different. 

He was yelling for him to go before he went to the area behind the net and he still wasn’t moving. What the hell you want him to do? 

Edited by grandmaster

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That’s not true.  Miller had clear possession of the puck and was literally waiting for Delia to get his a** to the bench. You don’t wait until the puck is all the way up the ice when there is only a minute left. We needed the extra man on the ice to push possession into the offensive zone.  That didn’t happen and Winnipeg got possession and scored. 

https://twitter.com/TheStanchion/status/1608670252044537859?s=20&t=mDd8Ye4fNxHyZsaTsFIqBA

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Huh? What you saying? This loss was not on him. He didn’t miss any defensive responsibilities that turned on a goal against. 

They all stopped skating after the first. The loss was based on dumb penalties, a bad PS call and a piss poor PK, again.

Also, where did I blame the loss on Miller? 

The haters here always go to Miller like a god damn fall guy. Bo gives the puck away leading to a goal against, it somehow becomes Miller’s fault. Miller yelling at Delia to get his ass moving, it Miller’s fault he didn’t go when he should have. 

The Miller hate is getting to be unbearable at this point. Some posters need to give it a rest. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1