The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday January 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/9pm CT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, Fleech said:

Guenther has more ppg this year with the Coyotes than Garland has with the Canucks. And he’s still a teenager 

I'm not super impressed with him beyond the pp.  I don't think he's going to be an impact player......I'm happy with oel and garland

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Demko

They were just as bad, they just had an all world goalie last year. 

I’m adamant that you NEVER apologize for having a great goalie. They are the most important player, biggest difference maker, on a team.

But yeah, seeing this team with “normal” goaltending has been a bit of an eye opener to put it mildly. I would even admit that I’m a little bit concerned that we’ve already seen peak Demko. The injury stuff is very concerning.

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

I’m adamant that you NEVER apologize for having a great goalie. They are the most important player, biggest difference maker, on a team.

But yeah, seeing this team with “normal” goaltending has been a bit of an eye opener to put it mildly. I would even admit that I’m a little bit concerned that we’ve already seen peak Demko. The injury stuff is very concerning.

I agree and it's not taking anything away from demko, but they were just as bad in their own end last year and it was talked about.

11 minutes ago, Fleech said:

Guenther has more ppg this year with the Coyotes than Garland has with the Canucks. And he’s still a teenager 

This is why I’m glad management has said they aren’t interested in trading our first this year. Now all they have to do is keep their word…

14 minutes ago, Fleech said:

Should be noted that the second unit usually gets 15-20 seconds on each pp, so garland does t get much opportunity 

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I like Garland, but cmon.  Guenther by a mile and hes going to be a damn good player for a long time.  

On the pp, sure, but he's been pretty ineffective 5v5.  I just don't see him as an impact player in the NHL.

Further to that, we don't know they'd have picked Guenther and if they didn't make that deal, who even knows where they would have picked.

I have zero issues

2 minutes ago, Fleech said:

Ppg stood for points per game, not power play goals. 

Doesn't change anything.  I like the trade and don't see much beyond a power play guy in Guenther.  I'll be surprised if he has a career as good as garlands had so far

7 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Go?

No?

I don't know.

Can't help but cheer for the boys...it's not in my dna to do it any differently. But I know there's a potential silver lining if/when we lose so that makes it a bit more tolerable.

Go.

I can no longer go to games.

Go.

Every chance you get.  (Long as you don't go broke.)

It is a privilege just to be there.

And the team needs true fans like you.

GO CANUCKS GO!

GO BO.  GO BO GO.  GO GO BO BO GO GO HO HO HO!

ok, i'm out

(But please go.)