The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 05, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I love the World Juniors.  Again they won gold, which suggests, again, Canadian players are generally the best; lots of skill, good defense and lots of grit. It makes me wonder if part of our problem is that we don't target enough Canadians. Somebody on here must know how many Canadians we have vs other countries of origin. I know we have a lot of Americans and their lack of passion in the World Juniors lost them a chance at gold.  And their babyish attitude when they lost to Canada vs that of Slovakia and Czechia said something about who they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

If he pulls a lindros?? That would be spectacular.  And all those home town discounts even better! This is the golden egg canucks fan would have wet dreams about

Probably means Pettersson going back the other way though…

9 minutes ago, KFan said:

I love the World Juniors.  Again they won gold, which suggests, again, Canadian players are generally the best; lots of skill, good defense and lots of grit. It makes me wonder if part of our problem is that we don't target enough Canadians. Somebody on here must know how many Canadians we have vs other countries of origin. I know we have a lot of Americans and their lack of passion in the World Juniors lost them a chance at gold.  And their babyish attitude when they lost to Canada vs that of Slovakia and Czechia said something about who they are. 

Given even draft ratings, you take the Canuck.

17 minutes ago, KFan said:

Moral of the story, re-sign Horvat 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Devron said:

I find it interesting how bad Makar looked. Nothing to take away from the Canucks but the Avs have lost 5 straight. They are banged up and when healthy just aren’t as good as last years teams.

It’s just interesting that even the best of the best rely on other good players to support them. 

Makes a case for the Canucks that we have good players but not enough supporting players especially on the back end 

The Av's are definitely not as good a team without Kadri and a couple others.

But watch out for the trade deadline... I'm betting they load up.

They still have an awesome core... they had some defensive lapses tonight... which are not characteristic.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The Av's are definitely not as good a team without Kadri and a couple others.

But watch out for the trade deadline... I'm betting they load up.

They still have an awesome core... they had some defensive lapses tonight... which are not characteristic.

Oh I do not doubt it but they have to do something before the deadline. As good as they can be it’s tough for any team to claw back. They are only 4 games above .500. Couple more losses and it’s panic time in Denver 

Edited by Devron

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

If the amazing management crew had not rehired Bruce we would have a Walker and Shaw combo behind the bench. Another huge failure by this management group. 

Walker left to look after other interests. It didn't seem like he was ever going to be here long term.

• Cheers 1

Good comeback tonight.  Was looking pretty gloomy when they were down a couple to the Champs, especially with the trade winds swirling around the club last 48 hours.  At this point, we take it A Game at a time. We have seen this too many times this season to get overly excited.

With all the crazy comebacks this season, starting to remind me of that song from Chumbawamba years back - they get knocked down but they get up again. 

Hope for more consistent play moving forward starting with the next game.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1