The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Going NHL 23 Here

Avs lost 5 in a row and look pretty terrible for defending champs. 

Horvat + B prospect for Newhook, Byram and a 1st

Hughes and Hoglander to NJ for Nemec, Holtz, Mercer and a 1st

Miller to NY Rangers for Othmann

Kuzmenko + a 3rd for a 1st rounder

Boeser for Dumba

Schenn for a 2nd

Bear for a 3rd

Stillman for a water bottle

Finish the season tanking hard

Pederson Petey Mikheyev 

Pearson Mercer Garland 

Studnicka Newhook Dries

Lockwood Lazar Joshua 

OEL Myers

Byram Dumba 

Dermott Burroughs

We get

3 additional first rounders on top of ours (4 x 1st round picks) 

1 Additional 2nd (2 x 2nd round picks) 

1 Additional 3rd round ( 2 x 3rd round picks) 

In the system we have

Nemec, Holtz, Othmann 

In our farm we have Podz, Klimovich, Lekkermaki, Rathbone, Karlsson 

Build around Petey and some really good up and coming guys like Byram and Nemec along with our first rounders. 

We can then use the created cap space to take other team's cap dumps for more 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Boeser for Dumba

Schenn for a 2nd

Bear for a 3rd

Pederson Petey Mikheyev 

Pearson Mercer Garland 

Studnicka Newhook Dries

Lockwood Lazar Joshua 

OEL Myers

Byram Dumba 

Dermott Burroughs

We get

In the system we have

Nemec, Holtz, Othmann 

Build around Petey and some really good up and coming guys like Byram and Nemec along with our first rounders. 

after a quick look, you're off on your 3rd rounders.... you added one in a trade and only got one back. How exactly does that give us 1 extra?

39 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

how does Miller only get back Othmann?

yet Horvat  + B prospect gets Newhook, Byram AND a 1st

Horvat is younger, better on draws, better defensively, not tied to long term contract that takes him until 37, 

Basically a way more complete player. 

If we can get more than Othmann, great. I hope we do. 

I think what they should do is dangle Miller to Colorado but Sakic is shrewd. He'll want Horvat. We say no until Sakic ups the offer to what I stated. 

If Miller can get Othmann and a first. That would be a home run I think. 

I want guys like Othmann on this team because he is a physical player who competes hard and we need more guys like that. For those that don't know him, he is highly anticipated by Rangers fans. Everyone in the organization is excited about this kid. I was too when I watched his highlights. We need more swagger back on this team. 

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2022/12/3/23491090/brennan-othmann-the-physical-agitating-scoring-machine-the-rangers-need

Guys like Petey and Othmann are who should lead a team in terms of how they approach the game. 

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Boeser for Dumba

Schenn for a 2nd

Bear for a 3rd

Pederson Petey Mikheyev 

Pearson Mercer Garland 

Studnicka Newhook Dries

Lockwood Lazar Joshua 

OEL Myers

Byram Dumba 

Dermott Burroughs

We get

In the system we have

Nemec, Holtz, Othmann 

We can then use the created cap space to take other team's cap dumps for more 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

1.Colorado is a need really needing to fill # 2 centre spot..First of all Colorado only have a 1st rounder for next 2 yrs they trade 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders away..

Newhook 22 -- Olausson 20 -- (Englund 6'3 Toughness 27 or MacDermaid 28 ) 2nd rounder 2025

Horvat --Colorado

2. Boston - Another team that should be after Horvat there #1 AND #2 centres are both over 35 on 1 year deals..

3. Carolina -- Horvát is the player there missing for Stanley cup run..Hurricaines need to be aggressive on trade front they have assets to make deal work.

4. Minnesoda -- They would be even better with Horvat and they have prospect to make it happen..

43 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I think Horvat only gets 2 of those 3 assets

The Rangers don’t have the cap space for Miller.  
That return for Hughes is ridiculous. There is zero reason why NJ would consider that.  

The rest seem reasonable value wise.

Its the allure of uniting 3 brothers

Yes it's an overpayment but we'd really only trade Hughes for an overpayment anyway... 

Quinn is a bonafide 1st pairing D who's only 22 and on a good contract. 

Hogz is a good young player. 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I think what they should do is dangle Miller to Colorado but Sakic is shrewd. He'll want Horvat. We say no until Sakic ups the offer to what I stated

If Miller can get Othmann and a first. That would be a home run I think. 

I want guys like Othmann on this team because he is a physical player who competes hard and we need more guys like that. For those that don't know him, he is highly anticipated by Rangers fans. Everyone in the organization is excited about this kid. I was too when I watched his highlights. We need more swagger back on this team. 

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2022/12/3/23491090/brennan-othmann-the-physical-agitating-scoring-machine-the-rangers-need

Guys like Petey and Othmann are who should lead a team in terms of how they approach the game. 

Like you said, Sakic is shrewd.  Landeskog is currently on LTIR and out since mid-Oct for 12 weeks (say mid-Feb).  Getting him back for nothing easily raises their ceiling substantially and that's before the TDL, so I don't think the Avs would be so short-sighted to move two 1st round caliber young players in Newhook + Byram, PLUS a 1st for a pending UFA when (upon his return) they could basically build two lines around Lehkonen - Mackinnon and Landeskog - Rantanen (plus Nichushkin is week-to-week since Dec).  Once Gabe and Valeri come back their top-6 will be lethal as ever and they've been able to split up their Perfection Line to anchor two lines, so it's not like they'll need to mortgage their future for a 2nd line C (they also have strong 3rd line options with upside in Compher, Newhook, Rodrigues who they'll need to re-sign), plus they'll need to re-sign Byram, activate Manson, etc. so there's a lot of depth for this wounded giant of a team to retain and bring back.  Doubt they'll be in any rush to get back into the playoff picture by making bad trades when they have these returnees and games in hand on the teams ahead of them.

I would do your other moves (Boeser <=> Dumba, Kuzmenko + 3rd <=> 1st, Schenn for 2nd) btw.  I'd probably be happy with Nemec, Mercer and a 2nd for Hughes (not sure if they'd add in another 1st even if they want Quinn).

Edited by Phil_314
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Its the allure of uniting 3 brothers

Yes it's an overpayment but we'd really only trade Hughes for an overpayment anyway... 

Quinn is a bonafide 1st pairing D who's only 22 and on a good contract. 

Hogz is a good young player. 

There’s no hockey reason to do it.  Their attendance is solid. so they don’t need gut the organization for a  PR stunt.  

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

There’s no hockey reason to do it.  Their attendance is solid. so they don’t need gut the organization for a  PR stunt.  

Yeah probably true. 

Does Nemec project to be nearly as good as Quinn? 

Only reason for trading quinn would be for a more complete player with slightly less offence where we don't need to worry about who we pair him with because he'll be the true 1D and then adding a guy like Mercer and a puck would be the bonus