The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (08-14) 2023

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Columbus up 3-0 on Detroit, hopefully they can hold on and win that one. Habs and Sens both behind the eight ball though, we'll see. Would be nice to see them win more. 

Montreal missing their top 2 Defenceman (Guhle and Matheson) their 2C (Monahan) and currently, their starter.  (Allen). Not to mention Gallagher.  They were already a young team with all those guys out winning is a lot more of an uphill battle.  I think they’re just happy to try to stay competitive and get their high 1st round pick 

• RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Columbus up 3-0 on Detroit, hopefully they can hold on and win that one. Habs and Sens both behind the eight ball though, we'll see. Would be nice to see them win more. 

If we do trade Bo I’m hoping for a captain for captain trade with the Habs.  Bo for Suzuki.  

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal missing their top 2 Defenceman (Guhle and Matheson) their 2C (Monahan) and currently, their starter.  (Allen). Not to mention Gallagher.  They were already a young team with all those guys out winning is a lot more of an uphill battle.  I think they’re just happy to try to stay competitive and get their high 1st round pick 

Yup, tough luck for the Habs but I don't care whether they're competitive or not, I want them to squeeze out wins somehow to bump them higher up in the standings. Every win by a bottom feeder is good for us at this point. 

They'll have a bright future given their pile of prospects, picks, and the young NHL talent on their roster. Likely brighter than ours if they hit on several of said picks and prospects. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we do trade Bo I’m hoping for a captain for captain trade with the Habs.  Bo for Suzuki.  

They aren't trading Suzuki, Habs are still in their rebuilding phase. Horvat would make sense if they were further along in their competitive cycle. They sold hard last season and will be in the mix for another lottery pick or two this season, Horvat doesn't fit. 

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They aren't trading Suzuki, Habs are still in their rebuilding phase. Horvat would make sense if they were further along in their competitive cycle. They sold hard last season and will be in the mix for another lottery pick or two this season, Horvat doesn't fit. 

Alf just tries to troll me because he knows I’m a Montreal fan (as well as a Vancouver fan).  It doesn’t seem to matter to him that I put him on ignore months ago and the only time I see his idiocy is when people respond to it.  Any time I post anything he’s almost always there with some inane crap about Montreal.