The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Alternate Sweater leaked

Rate this topic

McBackup

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, also no more logo changes, this has been our logo for over half of the franchises existence now enough with the identity crisis. Skate as an alternate fine, but no to permanent change. 

Yeah I’m fine with the Skate as an alternate/throwback, but it shouldn’t be the full time look. I just don’t know why they made changes to it in the first place. The new one doesn’t seem markedly better than the old skate, the only thing that seems like an improvement is the mountain effect inside the collar. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I don't love the v as the main part, but i love it on the sleeve, makes it more unique and has that past link.

canucks flying v jersey

I'd love to see a retro V jersey.   But like I said, an updated version.  This old jersey has just too much V.  Didn't need it on the pants or arms.  I'd also like to see it in the blue and green. Its such a bold design that combining it with such garish colours doesn't work.  It would balance better with a calming duo of the present colours.

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, also no more logo changes, this has been our logo for over half of the franchises existence now enough with the identity crisis. Skate as an alternate fine, but no to permanent change. 

If that is the case can there at least be some kind of redesign on the Orca Bay logo...all we did was change colours to the 70s era and then make the orca bay logo white. For a short stupid period they added Vancouver to the jersey as well.

For a team spiraling and spinning their wheels in the mud for over a decade, to truly have a fresh start making a permanent change to the jerseys would be a simple move for them to make. If they go back to the skate era logo or something close to it by minor tweaks to make it not look so "busy" as some might say or hard to read. This change would spark new revenue for the owner and if the Canucks do decide to trade captain Bo and maybe a few other players between now and the 2023 draft this could be a new era for the Canucks being led but EP, Hughes etc

OR...we keep the ugly white orca bay logo and fans like myself save lots of money NOT buying team apparel. People are saying this as bad or worse than the Messier era...when we INTRODUCED the orca bay logo. Maybe time to move on from that logo and try to start fresh after a frustrating past 12 years especially!?

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'd love to see a retro V jersey.   But like I said, an updated version.  This old jersey has just too much V.  Didn't need it on the pants or arms.  I'd also like to see it in the blue and green. Its such a bold design that combining it with such garish colours doesn't work.  It would balance better with a calming duo of the present colours.

Flying V but reduced in size to what our orca bay logo is on the current jersey? I don't know how to use photoshop to post an example of a shortened fling V on a black jersey base, here is a link to a website for sizing example I was referring too:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1095844-vancouver-canucks-flying-v?feed_sku=1095844D1V&feed_country=US&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=[G]+[G.NAM]+[L.ENG]+[GEN]+[C.TShirts]+[PLF]&utm_id=notset&utm_content=vancouver+canucks&ar_clx=yes&ar_channel=google&ar_campaign=71700000088093740&ar_adgroup=58700007458494125&ar_ad=PRODUCT_GROUP&ar_strategy=search&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[G]+[G.CAN]+[L.ENG]+[GEN]+[C.TShirts]+[SSC]&gclid=Cj0KCQiAn4SeBhCwARIsANeF9DJ5FzMtxf7FuUriREZZKvlk69hSAOdmn1h-QFxbhtsjvi8oBLa4WT0aAvUHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I think they could work. I'm pretty open to anything new.

I like the skate but i think it's more the vibrancy of the colors and some nostalgia. I think the modern stick jersey of 2010-11 was the most cohesive but the stick doesn't really say much. I like the orca theme in connecting to the vancouver sealife but i've never loved it so prominently on the jersey. I'd prefer an indigenous artist creating a totem pole-like design of the orca and johnny canuck on the high sleeve as a patch.

• Cheers 1

The unnecessary change to the striping completely negates the one thing the Skate jersey had going for it...  Nostalgia.  Change for the sake of change.

The mountainous hanger effect is kind of neat...  but everything else about this design is borderline lazy.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Changing the jersey yet again would not be a healthy distraction. It would be a sign that this team once again cannot settle on a direction or identity.

I don't see a problem with the skate jersey being a third. It's the same setup they have in Buffalo. They returned to their classic design with the primary jerseys, and brought back the fan favorite goathead as a third. We have the classic blue/green as the main, and could have the black skate as an alternate. The good thing about third jerseys is that you don't get bored of them, it feels kinda special every night they wear it.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rubik said:

I don't see a problem with the skate jersey being a third. It's the same setup they have in Buffalo. They returned to their classic design with the primary jerseys, and brought back the fan favorite goathead as a third. We have the classic blue/green as the main, and could have the black skate as an alternate. The good thing about third jerseys is that you don't get bored of them, it feels kinda special every night they wear it.

Yeah I don’t have an issue with it as a third. There’s nothing wrong with throwbacks. I just hate seeing all the clamouring to go back to the Skate full time because it’s FotM, and if they got their way 10 years from now the vast majority of those people would be demanding they go switch to something else.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Naw, it doesn't work floating by itself like that.  The whole unique aspect is gone in it being a jersey and logo in one.  I don't think any pro sports team has ever done that.  One thing I think is cool about it.  And I did have a thought that perhaps they don't want to promote the V precisely because its difficult to market a logo that is also part of the sweater itself.

Maybe a little thinner with the stripes. Or maybe one thinner and one thicker. And like I said, do it in blue and green, with white and black. Nix the leg and arm Vs. Add a more interesting shoulder patch to counter the graphic nature of the design, like the C or Johnny.

If we switched to the V full time, we'd break the curse and finish what we started in '82!

vancouver-bc-may-1982-butch-goring-of-th

39 minutes ago, Neutral said:

If that is the case can there at least be some kind of redesign on the Orca Bay logo...all we did was change colours to the 70s era and then make the orca bay logo white. For a short stupid period they added Vancouver to the jersey as well.

For a team spiraling and spinning their wheels in the mud for over a decade, to truly have a fresh start making a permanent change to the jerseys would be a simple move for them to make. If they go back to the skate era logo or something close to it by minor tweaks to make it not look so "busy" as some might say or hard to read. This change would spark new revenue for the owner and if the Canucks do decide to trade captain Bo and maybe a few other players between now and the 2023 draft this could be a new era for the Canucks being led but EP, Hughes etc

OR...we keep the ugly white orca bay logo and fans like myself save lots of money NOT buying team apparel. People are saying this as bad or worse than the Messier era...when we INTRODUCED the orca bay logo. Maybe time to move on from that logo and try to start fresh after a frustrating past 12 years especially!?

I wouldn't oppose tweaks but keep the orca and colours for sure, enough with the identity crisis is the main thing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

what is with this team and being dysfunctional? first the reverse retro leak now this?

Jersey leaks happen all the time and are rarely if ever the teams fault, the Carolina Hurricanes stadium series jersey for this year was leaked over a year ago before that stadium series game was cancelled.

Boston's Meth bear and Pitsburgh's Winter Classic jersey's were leaked.

A couple of the the reverse retro's were leaked this time around and last etc.

The Bieber designed Leaf jersey was leaked too.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Jersey leaks happen all the time and are rarely if ever the teams fault, the Carolina Hurricanes stadium series jersey for this year was leaked over a year ago before that stadium series game was cancelled.

Boston's Meth bear and Pitsburgh's Winter Classic jersey's were leaked.

A couple of the the reverse retro's were leaked this time around and last etc.

The Bieber designed Leaf jersey was leaked too.

I would hazard a guess that the leaks are from the team itself. Before they go into full production of the new jersey.  As a trial balloon to see how it is accepted by fans.

The Canucks need to stick with blue and green.  If they go back to Black, Red and Yellow, they will be forever known as the team that can't decide on an identity.

Have throwback nights dedicated to the original skate jerseys but besides that, leave those colours to the Flames.  Blue, Green and White is a great, underused scheme that represents Vancouver perfectly.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I would hazard a guess that the leaks are from the team itself. Before they go into full production of the new jersey.  As a trial balloon to see how it is accepted by fans.

It's generally retail putting them out ahead of time, no different than someone accidentally putting movies/games out before release at walmart etc.

• Upvote 1