The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Alternate Sweater leaked

Rate this topic

McBackup

So the Fanatics website leaked their version of an "updated" Skate jersey to be released next year.

Why the Canucks felt the need to downgrade even further one of their worst jerseys I don't understand, but that fits right in with how this team is being run. 

https://twitter.com/CanucksArmy/status/1613880172301914117?s=20&t=Mbfwc9xTKAvbuBNQ_SJy7g

oxnm1xgmxrba1.jpg

Edited by McBackup
  • Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 7

Maybe it's just me, but the Fanatics products I've looked at seemed cheaply made, not quality material.  Especially the t-shirts, you can see right through them, and that's definitely not a good look on me.

As for this design, I'm a little underwhelmed by it.  Not something I would spend my money on.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, goalie13 said:

Maybe it's just me, but the Fanatics products I've looked at seemed cheaply made, not quality material.  Especially the t-shirts, you can see right through them, and that's definitely not a good look on me.

As for this design, I'm a little underwhelmed by it.  Not something I would spend my money on.

Very much agree. I bought some stuff earlier this year. Fanatics stuff is not as good quality as the Adidas or Nike i've bought recently.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I find it’s hit or miss. The jerseys are obviously cheap quality, but they’re meant to be the cheaper option. I’ve actually found the hats and toques to be pretty well made.

I don’t think any company is bang on all the time. I’ve had some Nike merch that’s just awful quality.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, McBackup said:

So the Fanatics website leaked their version of an "updated" Skate jersey to be released next year.

Why the Canucks felt the need to downgrade even further one of their worst jerseys I don't understand, but that fits right in with how this team is being run. 

https://twitter.com/CanucksArmy/status/1613880172301914117?s=20&t=Mbfwc9xTKAvbuBNQ_SJy7g

oxnm1xgmxrba1.jpg

Any iteration of this jersey beats the Orca Bay jersey by a landslide in my opinion.

Why not have a contest over summer for fans to submit new designs or variations of canuck logos...The winner with the most votes by the end of August let's say gets a pair of season tickets for the coming year, a preloaded gift card for the team store or arena concession. Do something to get people interest in the team and let the creativity flow, if some crazy good design is well received you could make them next years practice jersey or morning skate jersey on select nights or something.

I don't know...be creative and do something that would create a buzz around the team in this market. The on ice place is poor, maybe this could be a nice distraction or change from the constant negativity

I liked the 85-89 version where they used orange instead of red for the secondary colour. Apparently this was changed to red because the orange was too hard for the manufacturer to make back in the day.

image.png.4b63a4699d042aa6a144421bce5ecd52.png

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Any iteration of this jersey beats the Orca Bay jersey by a landslide in my opinion.

Why not have a contest over summer for fans to submit new designs or variations of canuck logos...The winner with the most votes by the end of August let's say gets a pair of season tickets for the coming year, a preloaded gift card for the team store or arena concession. Do something to get people interest in the team and let the creativity flow, if some crazy good design is well received you could make them next years practice jersey or morning skate jersey on select nights or something.

I don't know...be creative and do something that would create a buzz around the team in this market. The on ice place is poor, maybe this could be a nice distraction or change from the constant negativity

Changing the jersey yet again would not be a healthy distraction. It would be a sign that this team once again cannot settle on a direction or identity.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

51 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I'd love some small changes like replacing the bars on the sleeves with the old v jerseys sleeve with the v on it.

Overall i like this as the base, but needs some updates.

This ownership hates the V design, even for jersey shoulders, almost as much as they hate the R word.  And we won't get either until they're gone.  If ownership doesn't change I will never see a Stanley Cup or an updated V jersey.  :(

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

This ownership hates the V design, even for jersey shoulders, almost as much as they hate the R word.  And we won't get either until they're gone.  If ownership doesn't change I will never see a Stanley Cup or an updated V jersey.  :(

I don't love the v as the main part, but i love it on the sleeve, makes it more unique and has that past link.

canucks flying v jersey

• Cheers 4

It's only a matter of time before are back to this full time.

The process of this, as proven many times in the NHL:

1) bring back retro look with modern "upgrades"

2) Realize modern "upgrades" are not upgrades, go back to original as alternate

3) Original retro becomes full time jersey.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It's kinda tacky tbh, that's just nostalgia talking.

Yeah we’re living in the crest of the 90s nostalgia wave. The vast majority of people clamouring for the Skate were the same ones demanding we go back to the Stick in Rink full time when that was brought back in 06. I don’t want them to change their colours yet again to look Vegas/Cowtown.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Yeah we’re living in the crest of the 90s nostalgia wave. The vast majority of people clamouring for the Skate were the same ones demanding we go back to the Stick in Rink full time when that was brought back in 06. I don’t want them to change their colours yet again to look Vegas/Cowtown.

This, also no more logo changes, this has been our logo for over half of the franchises existence now enough with the identity crisis. Skate as an alternate fine, but no to permanent change. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1