The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (05-11) 2023

Rate this topic

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

NJ is going to pay all the pieces everyone thinks they are getting for boeser / demko / Hughes lol

I know their offense is already top notch but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabers land Meier 

A top six made of Meier, Thompson, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, and whoever else they throw in as the sixth guy would be absolutely disgusting 

They've got the cap space, the picks, the prospects, and the overall organizational depth and flex to make such a move tbh 

Upgrade their tending, bottom six, and D in addition to Meier and watch out 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I know their offense is already top notch but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabers land Meier 

A top six made of Meier, Thompson, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, and whoever else they throw in as the sixth guy would be absolutely disgusting 

They've got the cap space, the picks, the prospects, and the overall organizational depth and flex to make such a move tbh 

Upgrade their tending, bottom six, and D in addition to Meier and watch out 

Oooooof if they made the playoffs that's a hard group to contain. NJ on the other hand is TINY. We smacked them around with ease... They will be an entire team of Johnny Gaudreaus. Entire top 6 and honestly more often than not 10 of the 12 fwds are 5'11 195 or under lol. That won't cut it 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Oooooof if they made the playoffs that's a hard group to contain. NJ on the other hand is TINY. We smacked them around with ease... They will be an entire team of Johnny Gaudreaus. Entire top 6 and honestly more often than not 10 of the 12 fwds are 5'11 195 or under lol. That won't cut it 

Yup.  And they add d a big boy in Bo (215) but he’s a softeroo too.  

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Buffalo has a good mix of size spread throughout too https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/sabres

Add Meier in and they'd be deadly 

Jersey's forwards are def on the smaller side though, their defense is pretty formidable tho https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/devils

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

2-0 with Isles.  They will beat nux next and make it 3-0.

Bo will score that game too. 

It's shaping up to be a dogfight for those last three playoff spots 

Isles, Sabres, and Panthers all winning of late, Pittsburgh won tonight too 

Pittsburgh, Washington, and NYR will need to watch their back 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

2-0 with Isles.  They will beat nux next and make it 3-0.

Bo will score that game too. 

And Bo will lead them to miss them to 13-15 and miss the playoffs, just like he did with us.  Congratulations LOSER ISLANDER fans. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Perfect!  We have no hope in hell of catching Chicago.  

Yeah, I really hope we sell whoever we're going to sell sooner than later 

Bit of a logjam in front of us and behind us 

Really need all the teams around us to start putting up more wins