The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- VAN & CBJ

JAVA-1

Jackets probably don't do this?  If they're going to trade Gavrikov they'd probably go for a 1st when they already have pricey wingers like Gaudreau and Laine, plus Marchenko's shown scoring flair that Brock doesn't have at this point.  If Voracek and Chinakov are still part of their future plans upon their returns from injury, Boeser might not get a shot to raise his value and so Columbus just might want to avoid adding such a big cap hit when they already have some scorers, and they likely wouldn't move Gavrikov unless it's for futures IMO.

2 hours ago, JAVA-1 said:

Not sure what Columbus is planning but thought I heard they were looking for a winger:

VAN- Boeser, Rathbone

CBJ- Gavrikov, Svozil

Thoughts?

I keep thinking LA Kings are going to trade for Gavrikov but it’s not happppening.

I dont really wanna trade for him because I think he’s going to chase his biggest pay day this summer and get overpaid. 

This seems like a weird deal for both teams. 

Columbus taking Brock would be odd. They are last in the nhl and I dunno if they see themselves competing next year or the year after. They may be in a 2-3 year refill like us. 

only way we do this is if we’re confident we can sign Gavrikov before he hits UFA. Or if we have a better plan for the expiring money… I dunno. 

No idea what CBJ are planning, they sign Gaudreau but are last in the league, hard to tell if they're tanking or rebuilding or want to go for it. I think they'll surely be sellers at the deadline and trade Gavrikov for a 1st somewhere.

If for some mad reason they want to try and do a Canucks-like retool and be competitive next year, we could give them what they want? They have so many players on bad contracts in their prime.