The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 21, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

We need to get Bedard and michkov for the new Crosby Malkin combo. Makes perfect sense given our staff + how the hockey gods are letting the other tankers all get points. We technically have two picks that could get us close to making it happen. The dreaded trade up is needed...

What would Burkie do?

2 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

3 of the 4 goals against wouldn’t have happened if Delia could swallow rebounds.

4 of the 4 goals wouldnt happen if Myers could play defense instead of standing behind Delia and trying to play as a goalie 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Man, QH looks so depressed every post game..I hope Pete and him want to play here long term cause Vancity seems like a real hard sell to players recently.

That's just his face. He looks a lot like my Lab, their face looks depressed even when they're fine.

• Cheers 2

Anyone who thinks the Canucks could trade up for Bedard is delusional.

Not a team in the league would trade the #1 pick when Bedard is available.

The only way the Canucks get Bedard is if we luck out and win the lottery... and we need to be low in the standings to qualify.

If Demko comes back and starts to stand on his head and give the team some wins... that chance will disappear.

Even if we were the worst team in the league, we still only have a 25% chance of getting the first pick.

The best we can hope for is luck allows us to draft high.

The Coilers got McJesus that way, we could possibly as well... but its a huge longshot.... probably in the 5% range.

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Thinking about Myers and what is wrong with him:

This guy was an excellent young defenseman... as others have mentioned, he won the Calder in his rookie season.

And he played well in Winnipeg for his first few seasons.

He has all the physical assets... monster size and reach, good strength, good skater, enough truculence.

The one thing he seems to lack now is mental composure.

Almost all of his errors come out of bad decision making.

He seems to be operating either in a constant state of mental panic, or he is overthinking to the point he leaves himself no time to make a good decision.

Almost every pass is a bad one, almost every decision to position himself is wrong.

Its all in his head.

If there is anyone who should think about finding a technique to relax himself mentally, this is the guy... he should seriously think about starting Yoga and Meditation... or get a complete body massage before every game to relax.

He has put himself out of a once promising career by being unable to make good decisions.

Nah the only good season Minors had was his Calder year. Even in Winnipeg he was not good and played bottom pairing. The Genius that is Benning figured out Myers could play top 4 and Tanev was not needed then went and traded for OEL. Got poolman and players like Badbransun. I mean Benning couldn't get one legit NHL defender and the only one he got right was Hughes who is a great offensive Dman. 

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

Myers is playing hard minutes as a shut down guy every shift with an ahl partner in front of an ahl goalie. Yeah he looks bad out there. These guys need some insulation. 

Nahh... Myers is making multiple bad decisions every game... he did it tonight too.

He needs a brain scrub... a mental re-set.

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Just someone's opinion;

Well I mean it doesn't take an expert to see that Tyler Minors ain't an NHL player. He is only playing because of his 6 million contract. If he was making 1 mil, he would have been waived already for one of our AHL defenders 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hughes would be putting up 100 points if we kept Tanev for his 5 on 5 partner. Hughes plays with partners who are 7th D on other teams and is still playing fantastic. I don’t think some fans realize jus5 how phenomenal Hughes is. 

I do, Hughes is the next valuable player after Petersson and drives the offense for us from the back end. Without him, the Canucks forwards would have a lot less points. The third most valuable now is Kuzy.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno Delia might surprise.

Gotta put Myers in there. He’d skate behind the net and get lost.

Nah...Minors would just trip over the blue line while swinging his stick towards the puck and missing it again.

21 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Man, QH looks so depressed every post game..I hope Pete and him want to play here long term cause Vancity seems like a real hard sell to players recently.

Tocchet should just get him a stripper for tonight to cheer him up. He probably knows some from his gambling days lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

We need to get Bedard and michkov for the new Crosby Malkin combo. Makes perfect sense given our staff + how the hockey gods are letting the other tankers all get points. We technically have two picks that could get us close to making it happen. The dreaded trade up is needed...

I would be ecstatic with getting even one of them, nevermind both. But getting both is a pipe dream. We would need to have the 1st and 2nd overall