The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 21, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I would be ecstatic with getting even one of them, nevermind both. But getting both is a pipe dream. We would need to have the 1st and 2nd overall

Some of these guys must have some real gud stuff in their pipes. :lol:

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol no we are not. 

We're playing with our 3rd string goalie and an ahl defence. 

Exactly, and that’s why the Canucks are every bit as bad as the Sharks.  The Canucks have 2 defencemen playing well. Hughes and Bear, that’s it.   OEL and Myers are why the Canucks are probably worse than the Sharks.  

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Anyone who thinks the Canucks could trade up for Bedard is delusional.

Not a team in the league would trade the #1 pick when Bedard is available.

The only way the Canucks get Bedard is if we luck out and win the lottery... and we need to be low in the standings to qualify.

If Demko comes back and starts to stand on his head and give the team some wins... that chance will disappear.

Even if we were the worst team in the league, we still only have a 25% chance of getting the first pick.

The best we can hope for is luck allows us to draft high.

The Coilers got McJesus that way, we could possibly as well... but its a huge longshot.... probably in the 5% range.

That's the usual tendency with this team - usually finish in the 6-9th slot - the pattern I see with the usual tankers in the NHL is that they trade most of their core away (eg. St. Louis) or have a very young team still in development (ANH/ Columbus). 

The Canucks have some core pieces and a team about 3 years into development - players like Petey and Huggy are so competitive / skilled and will constantly give it their all - I really don't see them falling below 8th given their schedule in the last part of the year - and may even approach 10-12th range as I see a lot of teams in that range currently struggling.  

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

Despite Myers' best efforts, we gained a point. <_<

5 hours ago, 1-d said:

Trade Kuzmenko!

Play Myers 30 minutes per game!

Make OEL play on a knee scooter!

5 hours ago, dougieL said:

3 points in 2 games...we're hemorrhaging without OEL

1. For those of us who want as high a draft pick as possible, we were lucky the Canucks did not win tonight as they outshot, outchanced, and outplayed Nashville. 

2. Myers has been bad all season but hit a new low tonight. He was on the ice for all 4 Nashville goals and contributed significantly to at least 3 or them (and it is not like he was doing anything good on the other one.)

3. The Canuck D is better with Wolanin instead of OEL.  The thing is, Wolanin looked better than OEL in pre-season and not much has changed.Things have reached the point where the $13 million pairing (OEL and Myers) are probably worse than putting two replacement level players on the ice instead (like Wolanin and Burroughs). That is consistent with Evolving Hockey which now has Myers as worse than a replacement level player and OEL as approximately the same as a replacement level player.  An "efficient" team would be paying a total of maybe $2 million for a pairing like that, not $13 million and they would be the "4th pairing".

4. Thanks Benning for signing Myers and trading for OEL - giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick in the process.

5. The Canucks will try hard to trade Myers in the summer and might succeed after paying his bonus so the acquiring team would not have to pay much real money. As for OEL, I am  beginning to think a buyout is likely.

6. Pettersson and Kuzmenko are just too good.I think they should be rested for a few games to help the tank.  Hey, those guys could use a few days off. 

Edited by JamesB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

1. For those of us who want as high a draft pick as possible, we were lucky the Canucks did not win tonight as they outshot, outchanced, and outplayed Nashville. 

2. Myers has been bad all season but hit a new low tonight. He was on the ice for all 4 Nashville goals and contributed significantly to at least 3 or them (and it is not like he was doing anything good on the other one.)

3. The Canuck D is better with Wolanin instead of OEL.  The thing is, Wolanin looked better than OEL in pre-season and not much has changed.Things have reached the point where the $13 million pairing (OEL and Myers) are probably worse than putting two replacement level players on the ice instead (like Wolanin and Burroughs). That is consistent with Evolving Hockey which now has Myers as worse than a replacement level player and OEL as approximately the same as a replacement level player.  An "efficient" team would be paying a total of maybe $2 million for a pairing like that, not $13 million and they would be the "4th pairing".

4. Thanks Benning for signing Myers and trading for OEL - giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick in the process.

5. The Canucks will try hard to trade Myers in the summer and might succeed after paying his bonus so the acquiring team would not have to pay much real money. As for OEL, I am  beginning to think a buyout is likely.

6. Pettersson and Kuzmenko are just too good.I think they should be rested for a few games to help the tank.  Hey, those guys could use a few days off. 

Can we lease Petey and Hughes to a contender? 

• Haha 1