The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One word to describe the organization's 8 years of retooling.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

They only got here 14-15 months ago. 

Stop transferring past failures to this management. It doesn't apply.  Even if they look like doing the same thing, they have a different pro scout team, development team etc.  Wait a few more years. 

The bad retool from last management still landed EP, QH, Demko.  Some not so good, JV, OJ, and some underperforming like BB.  But it's not all crap.  

40 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

There's direction, you just don't agree with it.

What's the direction been over the last 8 years? We literally had a GM for the majority of that who admitted they live day to day.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

What's the direction been over the last 8 years?

This FO hasn't even been in office for 2 seasons.  It takes more than that to clean up the mess JB left.  

The direction of this current FO is pretty simple, it's to build around Petey, Hughes and Demko with good younger talent which align with their ages while also adding low risk high reward younger prospects who could step in down the road while still having our most coveted lottery pick in this upcoming draft.  

From PA's presser today, I found it interesting the players he mentioned as being key players going forward were Petey, Hughes, Demko, Kuz, Hronek and JT Miller.  I think those guys are the core as of now.  

Edited by Metal Face Doom
  • Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

This FO hasn't even been in office for 2 seasons.  It takes more than that to clean up the mess JB left.  

The direction of this current FO is pretty simple, it's to build around Petey, Hughes and Demko with good younger talent which align with their ages while also adding low risk high reward younger prospects who could step in down the road while still having our most coveted lottery pick in this upcoming draft.  

From PA's presser today, I found it interesting the players he mentioned as being key players going forward were Petey, Hughes, Demko, Kuz, Hronek and JT Miller.  I think those guys are the core as of now.  

The thread title was the last 8 years, not the last 2 seasons. Seems pretty insincere to only focus on a very small snap shot of the last 8 years, when that was the original question of the post. The last 8 years have been overall, directionless. That's why we're bottom of the league, with minimal prospects, and currently over the cap for next year.

You don't wind up in as deep of a hole as we currently are in because a plan failed. We are, where we are, because there has been an overall lack of cohesive direction for nearly a decade.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

The retool officially failed when the Sedins retired. That was our signal to rebuild.

To me the signal was getting sewpt in the first round by the Sharks in 2013 one year after bowing out in the first to LA.

At that point the core was spent.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2