The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 02, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I’m sorry, but what? Because I’m unable to attend home games because I don’t live in the area is a reason I shouldn’t be a fan? I’m not understanding your comment…

Me neither…maybe he’s confusing your thoughts & post with the guy who just threw in the towel.

Im a lifer - win, lose or OT dramatics later, I cheer & hope for the best. But, at this stage I just want to be entertained. Management is in tank mode, shutting down a plethora of veteran players for the rest of the season. At this point in the year, I’m just looking to be entertained & for everyone to observe & assess the assets/youth on the farm & be  hopeful for them! I really hope the farmhands in Abby will also get back a more intact team to make a real splash in their AHL play-offs & build more of that winning-culture we all speak about!

Our team has been designated as an outsider with progressive leanings by NHL-insiders still lead by a fastidious old-school boys club! (Yzerman & Sakic please work your magic & slowly shame & ease  these guys out! At, least no more BOG Chairmanships for life perhaps?) So, our Canucks have been maligned, down-troddened &  even cursed, by regularly biased officiating atrocities, heavy-handed suspensions, ungrandfathered cap recapture rules, unkind expansion-draft woes, flat-cap restrictions, injuries/deaths, chronic scheduling nightmares & a pretty quick to panic ownership family. (Who else endorses Tortorella to do anything but core-bust, at this point?)  

But, their true fans persevered & remain super loyal. For a generational player & quality home-boy like Connor Bedard (who’s no Jake Virtanen) sinking into the bottom 5 is not a miserable thing. I will still cheer on developing team/player chemistry & growth potential, but the time of disgruntled fans throwing their jersies onto the ice - is over.  We now show-up, because we love our lads, adore our super-stars & want them to know it! We trust that they will play these remaining games not just for themselves & their teammates, BUT for us! We appreciate every opportunity to observe a good show of effort along with their improving talents!  

The pressure to win will always be there - but the pain of losing need NOT be so depressing or debilitating, ever, and especially not this spring. We are simply experiencing an uncomfortable void or pause in our mutual existence, but after the upcoming 2023 draft, our hope will once again spring eternal!

Let people cope “however” they may! At the rink, folks cheer for the team on the ice to win. On these boards - we gab about whatever, in good faith & sometimes with bitterness, sarcasm & a little bit of tongue-in-cheek humour. Enjoy the ride either way, until we all get where we want to be n 2023-2024 & beyond!

Cheers! 

Go Canucks Go!   

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Well I live further away and go to games so should I be saying you’re not a true fan? No everyone is a fan regardless how they cheer, that’s not for you to decide. Good friend of mine was a huge Chelios fan so from Montreal to Chicago and then Detroit he would sit beside me and yell and hate the Canucks and cheer on Chelios at every opportunity lol. Now he’s on the Vegas bandwagon so next year we will go to that’s game. Deep down he’s stilll a Canuck fan though. And just in the games with me he has spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars that the Canucks benefit from.

Everyone is allowed to cheer for the team they love regardless of where they are from. Everyone is allowed to be a fan however they see fit. One of my best friends cheers for 6 different nhl teams so I certainly get what you’re saying there. I hope you guys have fun at the games you do attend. 

• There it is 1

Just now, CanuckFan1123 said:

Everyone is allowed to cheer for the team they love regardless of where they are from. Everyone is allowed to be a fan however they see fit. One of my best friends cheers for 6 different nhl teams so I certainly get what you’re saying there. I hope you guys have fun at the games you do attend. 

Yeah buddy try not to get to involved withe negativity here… that never changes!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, viking mama said:

The guy responsible for some poor choices or coverage on both goals?

He did his duty as expected.

I am not going to be liberally praising him, yet…but as an AHLer, he rose to an expected level & here’s hoping his body building, mental development &

learning curve for all thing NHL related, continues!

Cheers!  

He was only on for one goal and the first goal wasn’t really his fault as Studnicka loss Kaprizov behind the net, and he snuck in behind the defense.

Juulsen had like 6 hits and 3 blocked shots. While his xGA/60 was one of the lowest amongst the team.

36 minutes ago, viking mama said:

The guy responsible for some poor choices or coverage on both goals?

He did his duty as expected.

I am not going to be liberally praising him, yet…but as an AHLer, he rose to an expected level & here’s hoping his body building, mental development &

learning curve for all thing NHL related, continues!

Cheers!  

What was his poor choice on Wild's 2nd goal?  He was sitting on the bench !!!!!!!

• Haha 3

Just now, Westcoasting said:

Yeah buddy try not to get to involved withe negativity here… that never changes!!

I know. I’ve been reading these boards for over a decade and I probably started posting around 2016 or 2017 finally and the negativity is just always there. The tank negativity frustrates me the most though. Cheering for a good draft pick and cheering to lose don’t have to be on the same playing field. I think that’s where people are really missing the point. Plus we all know that we can finish dead last, 5th from the bottom, 10th from the bottom. Wherever we finish there’s no shot Bettman let’s us get Bedard haha. 

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gotta say, I’m liking Tik Tocc more and more. 

Dammit! 

He might come across to me personally as a bit of a local yokel, but he’s also a straight-shooter. He tells it like he sees it, for good or not, and he’s willing to keep his ego in check. 

I respect that. I’m learning to respect him as well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nice to see so many First Nations leaders out there representing. 

I hope all their members are able to use Canucks hockey as a means of inspiration to keep pursuing excellence even when they feel like it’s them against the world. 

They’re very much a Canuck in those situations, just like the rest of us. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

20 hours ago, shiznak said:

He was only on for one goal and the first goal wasn’t really his fault as Studnicka loss Kaprizov behind the net, and he snuck in behind the defense.

Juulsen had like 6 hits and 3 blocked shots. While his xGA/60 was one of the lowest amongst the team.

Thanks for pointing that out, I thought he lost his coverage on the 1st goal and exited the ice at an inopportune time on the 2nd.

But the other stats are good! Glad he has a good fan to champion his cause upon these boards. Every player needs at least one!

Cheers! 

Edited by viking mama

15 minutes ago, shiznak said:

When tocchet said it was a bad line change on the second goal. That was juulsen 

i rather see what Woo offers at this point

24 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

My opinion isn’t that team tank fans are bad fans. My opinion is that they shouldn’t be allowed to post in threads during games because it takes away from the boards and makes it a less fun place to post. If you want to cheer against the team, you have every right to do so. But it’s a lot less fun to chat with that group of people. 

If someone’s opinion of me is that I’m a bad fan because I’ve never lived in Canada, they have that right to form that opinion. I don’t think I’m better or different from any other fan. I care about my team. I like to cheer them on. I certainly don’t think I’m any less of a fan because I’ve never had the opportunity to have season tickets or go to games as often as many do. 

I agree there is room for everyone here. This is a board for Canucks fans and all things Canucks. I fully believe in inclusion and everything that comes with it. My simple opinion from the start is that it creates a very negative environment when every game thread caters to the fans who get excited when the opposition scores or when we lose. If I wanted that I’d find an all nhl thread where all fan bases are there and are posting. I wouldn’t expect a bunch of Minnesota fans to crash our boards and start posting about how they won tonight. But at the same time, a less obnoxious chat area would feel better. Perhaps we can ask mods about having to GDT threads, one for team tank and one for fans who just want to enjoy the team? I’d welcome that. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b8176a801eda7fd3fe8aa6604ba4032f.jpeg

I think you just need a banana and a Pepsi. 

• There it is 1