The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (12-18) 2023

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Well that's an easy way to look like an ass.

Bunch of closet homophobic hypocrites.

They claim that their bible says they can’t support it despite that only being said in one version of the Old Testament. Yet they ignore all of the other stuff that Jesus said to do conveniently.

I assume James also gives away most of his money and helps feed the poor?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They claim that their bible says they can’t support it despite that only being said in one version of the Old Testament. Yet they ignore all of the other stuff that Jesus said to do conveniently.

He also mustn't mix material types in his clothing. That shit is a MAJOR no no. 

Googles what materials NHL jerseys are made up of

Well, there goes Reimers chances of getting into heaven. 

https://www.openbible.info/topics/mixing_fabric

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

He’s using Christianity as an excuse.  Why do people always bring god and religion into this. Why not just say, I don’t want to wear it because I don’t want to support it.   

anyways, give me 6 mill a year and I’ll wear a pride shirt all year round! 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

He’s using Christianity as an excuse.  Why do people always bring god and religion into this. Why not just say, I don’t want to wear it because I don’t want to support it.   

Because religion has been tied to hate/intolerance/war since it's inception? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I wish one of these “Christian’s” would have the balls to stand up and do the opposite.

It would be refreshing to hear them say you know what MY religion teaches love and acceptance that’s why I’m choosing to wear this jersey tonight. 

Unfortunately there’s too many zealots in that religion it would seem.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wish one of these “Christian’s” would have the balls to stand up and do the opposite.

It would be refreshing to hear them say you know what MY religion teaches love and acceptance that’s why I’m choosing to wear this jersey tonight. 

Unfortunately there’s too many zealots in that religion it would seem.

How would they hide their bigotry then?

• elephant 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No doubt.   The book of John is pretty straightforward.   Maybe he should start with that.   Instead of the book of how many goats I should trade not to get buggered by my neighbour.

Edit: Well let's just say it's not Jesus.  As for the Bible - it simply means "the Books".   A history lesson.   The biggest one in there might be made up, but it's also the most important one.   Jesus was pure love.   That's not what Reimer is doing here.   It's pretty lame.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

No doubt.   The book of John is pretty straightforward.   Maybe he should start with that.   Instead of the book of how many goats I should trade not to get buggered by my neighbour. 

Yup. Wasn’t there that Mary Magdalene character in the Bible and her story of acceptance by Jesus, when others wouldn’t?  It’s crazy how some Christians refuse to accept everyone. Their churches suck pucks. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good statement. Don’t see why he refuses to wear the gay pride shirt though. Doesn't match up to his statement and makes no sense. 

When someone starts off by saying that they love and respect other peoples choices it usually means they in fact do not.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

When someone starts off by saying that they love and respect other peoples choices it usually means they in fact do not.

For me it's always "to be honest" blah blah blah.   Ok end stop.   So what you're saying is you're not being honest before? 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good statement. Don’t see why he refuses to wear the gay pride shirt though. Doesn't match up to his statement and makes no sense. 

He's just trying to be diplomatic.  Obviously he believes in Leviticus etc. or at least part of it and what's really to be gained for him or the LGBT community by him specifically saying that his bible passages condemn homosexuality.

He doesn't want to wear the shirt.  So be it.  If you want a more specific statement from him (I think the implication is already obvious) I don't know what good it would really do anyone.  It sounds like he accepts and/or tolerates the LGBT community and as far as I know has never done anything to impede or harm them.  I'm pretty sure if he hadn't been expected to wear this shirt today then none of us would ever have learned his opinion on the matter.  It's not like he has been broadcasting this view unsolicited during his career.

Like I said before...it is more meaningful to have 98% of players voluntarily wear the shirt than have 100% of them wear it because they are forced to.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He's just trying to be diplomatic.  Obviously he believes in Leviticus etc. or at least part of it and what's really to be gained for him or the LGBT community by him specifically saying that his bible passages condemn homosexuality.

He doesn't want to wear the shirt.  So be it.  If you want a more specific statement from him (I think the implication is already obvious) I don't know what good it would really do anyone.  It sounds like he accepts and/or tolerates the LGBT community and as far as I know has never done anything to impede or harm them.  I'm pretty sure if he hadn't been expected to wear this shirt today then none of us would ever have learned his opinion on the matter.  It's not like he has been broadcasting this view unsolicited during his career.

Like I said before...it is more meaningful to have 98% of players voluntarily wear the shirt than have 100% of them wear it because they are forced to.

He’s an idiot. Wear the shirt and support inclusion of gay people. His actions make no sense when compared to his statement. 
The NHL should have fined provorov. Nip this ignorance in the bud. 

Just now, Alflives said:

He’s an idiot. Wear the shirt and support inclusion of gay people. His actions make no sense when compared to his statement. 
The NHL should have fined provorov. Nip this ignorance in the bud. 

Nip this ignorance in the bud...

Okay but where will you draw the line at what an employer can make an employee wear in terms of clothing that supports any particular view or community or political position.

Reimer signed a contract to play hockey, not to espouse any political position.

I don't agree with him but I don't think his livelihood should be affected.

What will your position be if your boss tells you to wear a shirt at work that supports a position you disagree with?

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Nip this ignorance in the bud...

Okay but where will you draw the line at what an employer can make an employee wear in terms of clothing that supports any particular view or community or political position.

Reimer signed a contract to play hockey, not to espouse any political position.

I don't agree with him but I don't think his livelihood should be affected.

What will your position be if your boss tells you to wear a shirt at work that supports a position you disagree with?

Every NHL player who refuses to wear the gay pride jerseys should be find. It’s not politics; it’s doing what’s right. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Every NHL player who refuses to wear the gay pride jerseys should be find. It’s not politics; it’s doing what’s right. 

Who decides what is right?  That's a lot of trust in a corporation.

Suppose your boss tells you to wear a shirt at work that supports Israel against Palestine, or Palestine against Israel, or pro choice, or anti abortion, or a specific religion that isn't yours.  You don't have to join the religion but you have to wear the shirt saying it is true or else you aren't supporting Buddhists / Muslims / etc.  You could say no and your boss would say you are being ignorant and it's time to nip that ignorance in the bud...

If you start down this road, where would you draw the line.  What political or human rights positions can an employee be made to wear messaging for under the pain of fines or firing.  Who decides what messages an employee can be forced to wear.

Like I said, I don't agree with Reimer but I agree with his right to not be made to wear the shirt.  Even if you don't see it at the moment, you want to open a can of worms with its own human rights issues.

• Cheers 1