Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver - Arizona

To Arizona

Conor Garland

Tyler Myers

To Vancouver

2024 2nd Rnd Pick

2024 3rd Rnd Pick

Arizona has a crap ton of draft picks in 2023, 24 and 25.  Garland is missed in Arizona and Myers (if willing to go to Arizona) adds right side depth.  Gets them up to the cap floor.

Canucks shed valuable cap space for the off-season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Green Lawn said:

To Arizona

Conor Garland

Tyler Myers

To Vancouver

2024 2nd Rnd Pick

2024 3rd Rnd Pick

Arizona has a crap ton of draft picks in 2023, 24 and 25.  Garland is missed in Arizona and Myers (if willing to go to Arizona) adds right side depth.  Gets them up to the cap floor.

arizona don't need anything to reach cap floor let alone giving you draft pick so u can cap dump.. they are at 58mil with only 14 players signed and 5 rfa cap floor is expected around 62.5-63.5... you guys need to stop fantasizing dumping cap to arizona for free it ain't happening.. they don't need it nor would they do it for free... the only teams that aren't close to the cap floor and are full out tanking are anaheim and chicago.. and chances are he's on myers 10 team no trade.. good luck asking him to waive that.. any move involving myers will involve sweetener or retention.. no contenders are going to take myers at 6mil.. maybe 3mil they would consider as a bottom pairing teams that want to make the playoff.. cap>>>>salary

12 hours ago, Dr Green Lawn said:

To Arizona

Conor Garland

Tyler Myers

To Vancouver

2024 2nd Rnd Pick

2024 3rd Rnd Pick

CHI and ANA will also need contracts to get to cap floor, plus after Myers bonus is payed out (whenever that is, not so tiny drancer and 6450 guys had said anything from Jul1 to September) he will be a commodity for teams like this because he is owed minimal cash (1 million) cap hit is 6 to get to cap floor and on his last year of the deal, can get flipped by the acquiring team for a mid to late pick 

11 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

arizona don't need anything to reach cap floor let alone giving you draft pick so u can cap dump.. they are at 58mil with only 14 players signed and 5 rfa cap floor is expected around 62.5-63.5... you guys need to stop fantasizing dumping cap to arizona for free it ain't happening.. they don't need it nor would they do it for free... the only teams that aren't close to the cap floor and are full out tanking are anaheim and chicago.. and chances are he's on myers 10 team no trade.. good luck asking him to waive that.. any move involving myers will involve sweetener or retention.. no contenders are going to take myers at 6mil.. maybe 3mil they would consider as a bottom pairing teams that want to make the playoff.. cap>>>>salary

yes this, ARZ will not have a problem getting to cap floor, I think teams like CHI and ANA may need Myers actually to get to cap floor

ANA next season as of now - 43.5 million in cap 13 players signed.... hello Myers!!!! Also wonder if they would do like a 2023 3rd + 4th or straight up for Brock  no retention and then sell high on him later in year or next year...

CHI next season as of now 37.7 million in capo and 14 players signed ...yikes!!! They could have trouble getting to floor, they will for sure be weaponizing cap space. Myers, garland, Brock, all possibilities I could see Myers to them for a 7th or future considerations, garland for a 5th or something and they try to flip him later in season or contract after given him top minutes, they might have trouble attracting UFAs given they feel be absolute rock bottom for a long long long time

12 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

ANA next season as of now - 43.5 million in cap 13 players signed.... hello Myers!!!! Also wonder if they would do like a 2023 3rd + 4th or straight up for Brock  no retention and then sell high on him later in year or next year...

CHI next season as of now 37.7 million in capo and 14 players signed ...yikes!!! They could have trouble getting to floor, they will for sure be weaponizing cap space. Myers, garland, Brock, all possibilities I could see Myers to them for a 7th or future considerations, garland for a 5th or something and they try to flip him later in season or contract after given him top minutes, they might have trouble attracting UFAs given they feel be absolute rock bottom for a long long long time

lol anaheim tbh won't have trouble reach cap floor either.. zegras and terry are both inline for a massive raise... i can see them both getting 7 or higher... that'll literally take them right to the floor.. they won't need myers brock or whatever else you want to dump on them.. 

chicago might be the only option.. but if he's on myers no trade list which is very possible.. then that dream is gone.. if chicago's the only team that's open to taking cap dump there will be teams lining up to dump to them and the highest bidder wins.. i'm sure chicago if taking cap dumps will only be taking contract that are expiring at the end of the season and not take anything with terms attached.. 1 they can weaponize the cap again the following year.. 2 they can easily flip it at thd TDL if they play well enough.. don't see the willing to take brock or garland let alone having to give up draft pick for it.

4 hours ago, Makaramel MacKhiato said:

If we trade Myers at 50% retained next season, we will only have to pay him 500k, correct? I think that would entice a lot more teams then him at 6M

We also have to absorb 3M of dead cap. I think we can eventually move him for the full hit at minimal cost, after the signing bonus has been paid off. Some team can probably recoup a 2nd or a 3rd at the deadline in return for carrying Myers on the roster. I honestly feel like Myers shouldn't be tough to move, there will be a team that will go for his size.

• There it is 1

6 hours ago, Dr Green Lawn said:

Ok Myers to Anaheim it is!  I still think Arizona would like to have Garland back.  He was a big time fan favorite there.

I don't think Conor wants to go back though (seeing what the Coyotes beat writer reported in the link when he was on his way out, saying he didn't feel wanted there: Conor Garland blasts Coyotes on his way out of Arizona | Markerzone.com

IF we could trade Conor Garland for Connor Murphy in Chicago I would be so down for it.  Fill the talent vacuum up front, then perhaps we could also sell them on Myers after Murphy comes over to us to help eat minutes (maybe Murphy and 5th for Garland, Myers). 

Hard to say if Myers has positive or negative value right now, I think CDC thinks he's got negative value but teams were interested in him last TDL, problem is they were all contenders without cap space.

Enter Arizona, I wonder if there's a way we can flip a lot of cap and get a 3rd line center back?

TO ARI: Myers + Boeser + 3rd

TO VAN: Boyd or McBain + late pick (6th or 7th rounder to even numbers)

They're playing well now, maybe they're ready to take the next step. Myers really helps that quite thin defence after Chychrun left and Boeser is still young enough to be included in their rebuild. I'd really like McBain to be honest, big frame, young and is putting up some points here and there, probably more of a great 4C than 3C but hopefully he'd grow into the role. We give them a 3rd rounder just for the heck of it, for all that cap (seems wrong not to).

12M off the books. Sign Graves for 5M. Sign Livingstone to an ELC. There's probably some cash left over for a decent bottom-6 player, ideally someone who can play center as well in case of injury. Personally I like Oskar Sundqvist from Detroit, doubt they'll be able to retain him, big strong center.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Beauvillier - Miller - Podkolzin

Garland - McBainn - Sundqvist

Joshua - Aman - Hoglander

Graves - Hronek

Hughes - Livingstone

OEL - Bear

That's a better team on-paper than most of the Pacific

Regardless of cap floor reasons, ARZ isn't going to be paying a 2nd and 3rd for two cap dumps.

It's a lot easier to add money than it is to rid yourself of bad contracts, which this would be for VAN.

There are countless contracts that Arizona can be paid to take, they don't need to be paying for ours.