The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tolopilo | G

59 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:
On 4/4/2023 at 3:14 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm waiting for the day when half the rink goes "TOLO!" and the other half responds "PILO!", much like that aquatic game "Marco Polo".  :lol:

That's got to be a thing if he makes it. Like the louing or my favorite Harold for Snepsts. 

• Tanks a lot 1

46 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So I guess he's not going to Abby or anything? Just see how he does at training camp?

He'll probably be the backup in Abbotsford next season.

Spencer Martin is signed for next season. Likely version of the goalie depth chart is as follows:

Thatcher Demko (NHL starter)

Spencer Martin (NHL backup)

Arturs Silovs (AHL starter)

Nikita Tolopilo (AHL backup)

They might get one more goalie if they're not confident in Martin bouncing back. Martin seems to have refound his game after being thrust into a position in the NHL he wasn't ready for and should be the backup next season. I suspect Collin Delia signs elsewhere since he's a UFA this summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

Spencer Martin is signed for next season. Likely version of the goalie depth chart is as follows:

They might get one more goalie if they're not confident in Martin bouncing back. Martin seems to have refound his game after being thrust into a position in the NHL he wasn't ready for and should be the backup next season. I suspect Collin Delia signs elsewhere since he's a UFA this summer.

I agree. He was just fine as a backup and him

never being a starter before certainly showed. We could always bring Silovs up too if he falters. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 2:33 PM, Quantum said:

Martin will be fine.  One he got away from BB, he was back to being a solid netminder.