The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver is home and Canucks players like it — a lot

Rate this topic

Canuck You

13 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Van city has its issues with the drugs, homelessness and high cost of living but it is still better than most other NHL cities. 

Those issues in Vancouver are a lot less problematic when you make an NHL salary as well.  The homeless population isn't setting up shop in West Van.  The high cost of living is a direct function of being a desirable location.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Those issues in Vancouver are a lot less problematic when you make an NHL salary as well.  The homeless population isn't setting up shop in West Van.  The high cost of living is a direct function of being a desirable location.

No kidding.  If you make $200,000 to $300,000 a month in Vancouver, it's a really wonderful place to live lol.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

No kidding.  If you make $200,000 to $300,000 a month in Vancouver, it's a really wonderful place to live lol.

yeah must be nice.  Studnicka in the article. He's 24, and casually thinks about maybe finding a house with a yard in Kitsilano. One of the most expensive real estate neighbourhoods in North America.  No problem. Just pick one out for sale you like and buy it.  Easy.

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

yeah must be nice.  Studnicka in the article. He's 24, and casually thinks about maybe finding a house with a yard in Kitsilano. One of the most expensive real estate neighbourhoods in North America.  No problem. Just pick one out for sale you like and buy it.  Easy.

I remember reading somewhere that Bo’s house in Vancouver would be 1/10th the cost on Long Island based on what a similar house in square footage and lot size goes for.

I absolutely love Vancouver, but it is very frustrating living somewhere you know you’ll never own a home.

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:23 PM, BarnBurner said:

True, and I've lived in Calgary and Toronto during the winter, and I'll take Vancouver weather any day. 

I've experienced winters from late October till late May. Never again! 

Still 2 feet of snow on the ground in Yukon. Only have 3-4 guaranteed snow free months a year!

• Cheers 2