The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Canucks end of season media availability

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

While I am looking forward to hearing the players speak, I already know the rhetoric PA et al will spew"Blah blah blah, yada yada, we're gonna be great next year, playoffs, Petey, we're not done yet, IKEA, Vancouver fans are the shizz...."

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

Thing is though....patience IS required and some just say/think it's "same ol'" but changes have been made. Some significant ones.

So there's no reason not to believe things could be different. Demko was out and most teams that get there rely on solid goaltending. Ours was a little suspect at times. Yes, it did expose some weaknesses but we've also got Hronek coming in so a wait and see isn't totally unwarranted. We've been "damaged" as fans by what we've seen unfold with awful starts. But we have to also take a bit of a wait and see and not panic.

I do get that people aren't buying in and proof's in the pudding. So it's understandable, but I have hope (again) that things will be different. I think Tocchet will be on top of it if it shows any signs of going totally south again. He's expecting things from the group over the summer and will likely read the riot act to anyone not on board.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What is your point exactly?

Spoiler

Barfing up a thank you after a year-long dedication is just not gonna cut it. But everything's cool since she assured me Vintage enjoys it. I'm sure he's ecstatic he can spend most of his day monitoring twitter for CDC. It really does sound like fun. It's totally not about living up to expectations and the pressure of trying to fit a certain role in an online space.

But I can read the room, I'll shut up and #&@? off for now.

• Vintage 1