The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML Dispersal Draft

canuck2xtreme

THis is the part where I legit do not understand how putting four guys into one day was supposed to solve anything? I am going to assume gypper won't pick and so May 1st at about 9am I am on the clock. I have appointments all day and likely will be making my pick very late at night tomorrow, pushing Ottawa's pick to May 2nd most likely. 

Then all the four May 1st people will be 'on the clock but with 24 hours each' to make their picks starting mid day May 2nd?

Am I the only one that thinks this is Raytarded?

anywho...until tomorrow. Cheers all. 

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

THis is the part where I legit do not understand how putting four guys into one day was supposed to solve anything? I am going to assume gypper won't pick and so May 1st at about 9am I am on the clock. I have appointments all day and likely will be making my pick very late at night tomorrow, pushing Ottawa's pick to May 2nd most likely. 

Then all the four May 1st people will be 'on the clock but with 24 hours each' to make their picks starting mid day May 2nd?

Brother, give your choices in priority to @canuck2xtreme or @Mike Vanderhoek

Or me. 

I’m sure we can accommodate a legit reason that you’re busy and unable to select. 

Cool? 

Because if it was still 2 GMs per day and then went at the clip we did to start the round, we'd be waiting until May 4th.  It's an imperfect solution, but if I cut time ahead of others and they've seen the guideline and go into it assuming they have until that day, that's a whole different uproar. 

Or, we could just be patient. 

Is it frustrating? Yeah sure, I get that. But these are free players, and at this point, these aren't game changers.

It's April 30th.  We don't even know the entry draft order yet. We've got time.

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Because if it was still 2 GMs per day and then went at the clip we did to start the round, we'd be waiting until May 4th.  It's an imperfect solution, but if I cut time ahead of others and they've seen the guideline and go into it assuming they have until that day, that's a whole different uproar. 

Or, we could just be patient. 

Is it frustrating? Yeah sure, I get that. But these are free players, and at this point, these aren't game changers.

It's April 30th.  We don't even know the entry draft order yet. We've got time.

Yeah, you are committed to it now, so it is what it is: but my overarching point reaches back to my last tenure here. I said something upon my exit about creating a closed loop of attrition that will ensure league atrophy and eventual shutting down. The first idea of a "remember to come back by such and such a date for your pick" just was anti fun and should have been a 12 hour clock once the guy in front of you picks: we would be long finished by now. Shrug. At this point i know posting my thoughts is useless so I am done bitching. I will make my pick when i can within my 24 hour time limit. Cheers all. Hopefully you don't have to do another dispersal draft soon, this one was the opposite of fun.

Hey Guys this is almost a joke to say, but if it gets around to me again.............I am a big pass!

@canuck2xtreme

I would just like to say, that I was disappointed in the commitment shown by some of the franchises in making quick picks. But on the other hand, I reall y like to thank @canuck2xtreme for all the hard work. there seemed to be a few others as well, trying to keep things moving.....Thanks guys!

It is my opinion, that it may be a better idea to have everyone submit lists, with a deadline date on it, and have the administrator just take it off of that.....It seems less work for the administrator.....and less frustrating for the franchises that are committed to making this work and having fun!

I personally did not have fun, with this. It has no bearing on @canuck2xtreme which did an excellent job.

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Brother, give your choices in priority to @canuck2xtreme or @Mike Vanderhoek

Or me. 

I’m sure we can accommodate a legit reason that you’re busy and unable to select. 

Cool? 

So if I hear you correctly, you would incredibly frustrated at having to wait 24 hours for no good reason?

:bigblush:

we have lots in common. rofl. I know my pick and will make it from my phone, dont worry.

I am going to post this in several area's of CDC and Discord

Swapping of picks in the last 2 drafts......no sense arguing about values, when it is all right here................

Trade #1           Arizona - San Jose

2022 1st (11th overall )             for            2022 1st (27th overall), 2022 2nd (34th overall) and 2022 2nd (45th overall)

Trade #2           Dallas - Detroit

2021 1st (15th overall)              for           2021 1st (23rd overall), 2021 2nd (47th overall), and 2021 5th (137th overall)

Trade #3           Edmonton - Minnesota

2021 1st (20th overall)               for           2021 1st (22nd overall) and 2021 3rd (90th overall)

Trade #4            Carolina - Nashville

2021 1st (27th overall)                for           2021 2nd (40th overall) and 2021 2nd (51st overall)

Trade #5             Detroit - Vegas

2021 2nd (36 overall)                   for           2021 2nd (38th overal)l and 2021 4th (128th overall)

Trade #6              Ottawa - LA

2021 2nd (42 overall)                    for            2021 2nd (49th overall) and 2021 5th (136th overall)

Trade #7                 LA - Carolina

2021 2nd (59th overall)                  for           2021 3rd (72 overall) and 2021 4th (104th overall)

Yup, and I am cranky today: bad combo. Sorry C2X, I know you don't deserve to be bitched at. I am sure I will feel better tomorrow, about 7:54am. :gocan:

All good my friend. I feel your pain, I don't disagree that the dragged out style these types of things tend to be really sucks the fun out of it. But given the short time frame to get it together and the fact that many may have already had plans, there weren't a whole lot of options.  Trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Really makes me appreciate our entry draft format.  Can't wait for that one.  June 24th @ 1:00pm!

• Cheers 1