The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Vancouver and Arizona

If the Canucks do end up drafting 11th and they don't get a player they want then I propose:

To Coyotes-Canucks 2023 1st rounder and either Klimovic or McDonough

To Canucks -Dylan Guenther and Arizona 2nd rounder next year or third rounder this year.

I'm not sure a straight up trade 1 for 1 for Guenther would get it done.The Canucks missed on him last year(can I get a thankyou Jim) and I know its a recoup but it still may be an improvement over whats available at 11.A draft floor trade for sure.With some good GM work maybe they can move Boeser in the summer and make room for Guenther on the 3rd line wing next season.

11 minutes ago, cowboy644 said:

If the Canucks do end up drafting 11th and they don't get a player they want then I propose:

To Coyotes-Canucks 2023 1st rounder and either Klimovic or McDonough

To Canucks -Dylan Guenther and Arizona 2nd rounder next year or third rounder this year.

I'm not sure a straight up trade 1 for 1 for Guenther would get it done.The Canucks missed on him last year(can I get a thankyou Jim) and I know its a recoup but it still may be an improvement over whats available at 11.A draft floor trade for sure.With some good GM work maybe they can move Boeser in the summer and make room for Guenther on the 3rd line wing next season.

All we get is Geunther? He’s not as good as Klimovich. 
Am I reading your proposal right? 

• Wat 1

They desperately need someone on defence, they've got so many young bodies and like 5 guys signed on D for next year. Is there a world in which we can get ourselves a 3C and shed Myers?

Beauvillier + Myers + 2nd (in the future) or 3rd for Jack McBain + 7th 

Not sure how high they are on McBain but he's a former 3rd rounder, big body, young and 26pts last year. Probably a 4th liner on most teams but we could slot him into our bottom-6 quite nicely. If Joshua/Aman out-play him then they get 3rd line minutes.

Arizona get a young guy who fits the rest of their player's age and another 3rd which they seem to be stockpiling, plus Myers to help out their very young, thin defence (they have plenty of cap space). They can let him walk once his contract is done if they don't like him but they need defencemen for next year at this rate. 

Meanwhile the Canucks shed 10M in cap space (lol) get a project 3C and can hunt in the UFA. I'd go out and sign Kampf as backup and a defenceman like Graves for 5M, use the rest of the cap for extensions.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

PDG - Miller - Boeser

McBain - Kampf - Hoglander

Joshua - Aman - Podkolzin

Graves - Hronek

Hughes - Bear

OEL - Burroughs

Edited by DownUndaCanuck

I believe that, unless The Canucks win the lottery, their 1st rounder will be up for grabs, and only the pick position will determine the asking price.

If Arizona is to be a dance partner, Lawson Crouse would be high on my wish-list. 

Of course this means moving money out but, players like Garland and Myers could be attractive, given both played much better under RT then BB.

The Rangers could be a great spot for Garland, while Myers actual money owed should be attractive to many teams.

Under the hypothetical of one, or both being moved I propose the following scenarios.

1. If we stay at 11, or move down, we offer the 1st for Lawson Crouse and their 2nd this year. 

2. If we, amazingly, move up to 2nd or 3rd, we offer it for Lawson Crouse, Connor Geekie, and their 1st either next year or 2025

Watching the Bruins and Panthers series, should really emphasize Vancouver's woeful lack of gritty, hard-nosed players who are willing to get in the trenches.

Lawson Crouse is, very much, one of those. He also has the versatility to move up and down the line-up and still be a contributor.

I believe, given the talent on this team, Crouse would flourish here and be a long-term solution to a team need, Geekie (in the second scenario) gives us a solid center for the future who brings size to the center position, and the 2nd rounder gives us a lower pick to replace the one given up.

Another 1st rounder gives them 3 at this years draft, touted to be one of the deepest in a long time. For a team still trying to build a core, those picks are essential.

Yes, trading Geekie may seem a little counter- productive to a re-building team but, I see him as more of a 3C then a top 2. This years draft is definitely center heavy. I see plenty of Centers in the top 10 that should fit a top 2 role much better.

Kuzmenko               Petey               Mikheyev

Beauvillier               Miller                Boeser

Joshua                                             Crouse.

Di Giuseppe            Dries                              

McDonough / Hoglander

I think someone like Oskar Sundquist might be a great signing for the 3C spot but that's for another post.