The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ECF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2023 at 12:00 AM

43 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I guess we should give  the guy some credit. How could he not know everybody in Canada hates him. But there he is. 

He believes he’s there to deliver name-droppings (however nice) & that spewing useless trivia will earn him an amazing cult-like following & similar to the loyalty of Don  Cherry/fans in small-towns all across Canada. But, he’s wrong.  

I & others remember the Burrows character-assassination attempts of 2010. His voice has been more like  noise to me, ever since.

I have no respect for the  desperation to stay relevant, especially sitting among panelists who have more interesting things to say, on most nights.

Good-bye & good luck with the book tours & speaking engagements within retirement communities & legion halls, Ron.   , Just, spare us the gut-chortling previews of that shtick…because on tv - in the time of Trump, even a little bit of narcissism plays too hard. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, viking mama said:

He believes his incessant interruptions to deliver rambling name-droppings & useless trivia will earn him the cult-like loyalty of former Cherry/fans in small-town Canada - but no, he’s wrong.  

I remember the Burrows character-assassination attempts of 2010, and his voice has been garbled noise to me ever since. No respect for that.

I have no respect for his desperation to stay relevant, among panelists who have far more interesting things to say.

Say good-bye, Ron!  

Good luck with any book tours or speaking engagements in retirement communities & legion halls - but spare us the gut-chortling intros to any preview of that shtick…because on tv the  narcissism just plays a little too hard. 

Apology ?  Hardly he’s full of $hit

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

33 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Apology ?  Hardly 

Excuses…excuses…not an apology at all.

Entering into the SC Final vs the BOG President’s team, with perennial Bruins fan Don Cherry there cheer-leading for Bruins style hockey, that was the time for a little counter-balance, or “Canada’s team” love from Ron. Not an iota!!

HNIC prejudiced the country, casual hockey-fans & emboldened officials against 3rd/4th line un-drafted player who dared to be a regular point contributor & scorer on a 1st line with the Sedins. He had evolved well beyond being a super-pest to something far better & more. Ron in one pro-NHLOA swoop simply decided to maligne him & take him down. It became almost fashionable & acceptable to hate-on Alex Burrows, everywhere but in VanCity after that.

Suddenly, the Canucks went from receiving the most PP in the league to far fewer, from one of the least penalized teams to one of the most! Go figure?! 

I believe there was an “Auger/McLean effect” taking place, until Auger was eventually called-out by other players/teams in similar unprofessional encounters….until Auger wasn’t so lauded or backed by his union bros or Ron, anymore.  

Ron needs to apologize for a whole lot more than failing to give Alex Burrows a little love on HNIC for a segment or two. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

Excuses…excuses…not an apology at all.

Entering into the SC Final vs the BOG President’s team, with perennial Bruins fan Don Cherry there cheer-leading for Bruins style hockey, that was the time for a little counter-balance, or “Canada’s team” love from Ron. Not an iota!!

HNIC prejudiced the country, casual hockey-fans & emboldened officials against 3rd/4th line un-drafted player who dared to be a regular point contributor & scorer on a 1st line with the Sedins. He had evolved well beyond being a super-pest to something far better & more. Ron in one pro-NHLOA swoop simply decided to maligne him & take him down. It became almost fashionable & acceptable to hate-on Alex Burrows, everywhere but in VanCity after that.

Suddenly, the Canucks went from receiving the most PP in the league to far fewer, from one of the least penalized teams to one of the most! Go figure?! 

I believe there was an “Auger/McLean effect” taking place, until Auger was eventually called-out by other players/teams in similar unprofessional encounters….until Auger wasn’t so lauded or backed by his union bros or Ron, anymore.  

Ron needs to apologize for a whole lot more than failing to give Alex Burrows as little love on HNIC for a segment., or two. 

Hard to get a read on who his team is. He is from red deer. But you can be sure who his team isn’t. 

• Cheers 1