The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2023-24

canuck2xtreme

8 hours ago, Caboose said:

I believe as it is now Thursday morning past 6:55 AM Gristyuk will now be Panthers property and the 2024 FLA 3rd round pick will transfer?

@canuck2xtreme @arby18_ please confirm.

This is correct. 

The offer sheet is successful.  Gristyuk is now a Florida Panther.  The FLA 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection has been transferred to Vegas as compensation.

@Caboose @Gally @The Brindy Gypsy

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Florida Panthers have made a trade with the Seattle Kraken.

To SEA:

spacer.png Samuel Helenius

To FLA:

spacer.png WPG 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

Big fan of big Hels. Worth a probable late third and some patience to see how the 6'6" forward does not only in this upcoming year, his second north american season but into the future. 

Father Sami Helenius was drafted by Calgary in 1992 (155 NHL games 1054 penalty minutes), and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, to stretch a larger than life analogy to the maximum size. hehehe

Sami had this said about him and we see it in the sapling too. 

A large defenseman with an aggressive style of playing. Good in front of his own goal. Plays tough and is always ready for a fight. 

Hels 2.0 notched 14 points in his first Pro season in North America while putting up 59 penalty minutes and was plus7 on the year. 

I appreciate Flo Rida reaching out to us and instigating these talks, which quickly moved to a signed deal in the commish' inbox. 

Very happy to add to the depth and prospect pool with this condor with decent legs, who cut his teeth in the Helsinki Jokerit system. 

04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png04817f0e-4618-4515-ada1-7eb66fd8d2f0_medium.png

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

Signing guys only to release them a month later *sigh*

I didn't just sign him.. @Rush17traded him to me

Edit: Oh I did extend him.. Probably what you meant :lol:

Also if it's an issue I can take it back.. But with confirmation of his KHL deal going through it made no sense to hang onto him.. and I thought it was completely within the rules to release a guy that signs overseas, is it not?.. Not like I need the contract off the books or minors cap space. Not looking to hurt my GM rep over such a small move :picard:

Edited by Gator

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Also if it's an issue I can take it back.. But with confirmation of his KHL deal going through it made no sense to hang onto him.. and I thought it was completely within the rules to release a guy that signs overseas, is it not?.. Not like I need the contract off the books or minors cap space. Not looking to hurt my GM rep over such a small move :picard:

From that article, it does seem that it's still uncertain where he will end up as he has a contract with both leagues atm.

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

From that article, it does seem that it's still uncertain where he will end up as he has a contract with both leagues atm.

I just read title. The other day there was hope he'd come over because the KHL wouldn't "register" the contract he signed, but then I seen a few articles saying they finally "registered the contract". I can only assume that means the signing went through. My bad if I'm mistaken :lol:

2 hours ago, Gator said:

Honestly was just busting your balls. They call you the Maple Laughs for a reason you know. Starting to look like Vegas with the player treatment. No that does not mean a cup is coming

• Haha 3

@canuck2xtreme

Assignment: The Pittsburgh Penguins Assign Kevin Stenlund and Ty Smith to Erie of the AHL

Recall: The Pittsburgh Penguins recall Robby Fabbri

Hintz  Debrincat Forsberg

McTavish  Duchene  Johnson

Milano  Byfield  Krebs

Donato Greig Fabbri

Dunn Montour

Bouchard Hronek

Parayko Perunovich

Barron

Husso

Petersen

Edited by ActionJax09