The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Allvin media availability

Rate this topic

Baratheon

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Mik is a big, fast, smart, elite 200 foot player. Garland is none of those. Mik is part of our future. Great signing. 

Yup he is. I wouldn't say "great" as of yet but potentially yes. Hopefully we are able to jettison our surplus of wingers and redeploy that cap space more appropriately. It sure would be fun to be in a playoff game for once in a very long time.

• Cheers 1

I think it’s easy to look at this roster as a giant disaster and second guess all the moves (I’ve done it too) due to the big picture results..

But we need to remember last season’s flop was due to historically bad goaltending, relying on a broken down OEL-Myers to be the shut down pairing and the forwards were all cherry picking trying to pad their stats - led by the captain.

There’s also a stink in the locker room that I’m hoping Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar can clean out.

Moving on from the head coach and captain is a fairly major *change* and let’s hope it’s a good one.

I’m past giving the team the benefit of the doubt - they need to prove they can play up to their potential. But the potential is still there, assuming we pick up a piece or two this offseason.

• Vintage 1
  • elephant 1

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I think it’s easy to look at this roster as a giant disaster and second guess all the moves (I’ve done it too) due to the big picture results..

But we need to remember last season’s flop was due to historically bad goaltending, relying on a broken down OEL-Myers to be the shut down pairing and the forwards were all cherry picking trying to pad their stats - led by the captain.

There’s also a stink in the locker room that I’m hoping Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar can clean out.

Moving on from the head coach and captain is a fairly major *change* and let’s hope it’s a good one.

I’m past giving the team the benefit of the doubt - they need to prove they can play up to their potential. But the potential is still there, assuming we pick up a piece or two this offseason.

As long as the teams hustle and work ethic is there I'll be happy. I just want the opposing teams to hate to play against Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Elephant one and elephant two were both removed. Still a Giraffe and a Lollipop Guild guy to go. 

• Vintage 1
  • elephant 1