The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Allvin media availability

Rate this topic

Baratheon

23 minutes ago, hammertime said:

He produces only because he's being carried. Play him on the 3rd and see how he does. 

And he's terrible defensively. Zero effort. We keep blaming the defense but forwards deserves a ton of heat as well

5 hours ago, Baratheon said:

Says he's been getting calls on the 11th overall pick and is looking at ways to move up in the draft to get the guy that they want!

Been some talk he likes Leo Carlsson, I also like Leo Carlsson but can't see it happening.

Unless they really like Michkov & we don't know about it, or they think Willander/Danielson is going ahead of us. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

My least favourite part by far is him saying Myers is probably going to be here & that he' played better' under Tocchet (I disagree)

Myers will play in our bottom pairing with Hirose. Hronek will play with Wolanen on pair 2. Top pair will be the Huggable one and WooHoo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers will play in our bottom pairing with Hirose. Hronek will play with Wolanen on pair 2. Top pair will be the Huggable one and WooHoo. 

Sounds like our D is taking a big step back.

I'm betting they give Soucy a decent chunk of change to play with Hronek & on the PK, and I'm not sure how I feel about that, need a DFD but it does feels like a Poolman 2.0 situation. 

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Sounds like our D is taking a big step back.

I'm betting they give Soucy a decent chunk of change to play with Hronek & on the PK, and I'm not sure how I feel about that, need a DFD but it does feels like a Poolman 2.0 situation. 

There are some parallels for sure but Soucy has roughly twice the NHL games and four times the offensive production Poolman had at the time of signing (and still has… not much to show for his time in Vancouver), plus the size and toughness. Soucy’ s been on my radar for a couple of years and I think he brings an element we lack.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I honestly don't mind this at all! I'm excited to see how Hirose performs this season. I think finding a better partner through free agency for Hughes over Woo, but otherwise I like it

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Or maybe Dale Tallon?  I bet he's got some team skeletons from his days with them waiting to be unearthed... :bigblush:

he should have been a Sabre. :mad: and we should have got Perreault :mad:

Spoiler

:P

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The pictures will be hilarious. Tyler Myers and 5 guys literally a foot shorter than him. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

Brock is the 10th leading scorer from his draft class, where he was drafted #23.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

What does that have to do with anything?  

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I think it means that Brock is nowhere near as bad as many of the haters around here would have us believe. Injuries and life issues have affected his play, but he wants to be here and he has a very clear idea about what Tocchet expects from him. I believe he will be ready to go at training camp and that he will earn a spot on the top line. Unless, of course, he is injured again.

No-one on CDC (or anywhere else) "hates" Brock. The problem is that he is poor value relative to his cap hit. No team would take on his contract without an additional asset to go with it.

As for scoring relative to his draft class, Brock has good puck skills. His offensive play exceeds the expected value for his draft position. But his defensive play is well short of the expected value for his draft position. And part of his point totals are due to favorable deployment -- lots of PP time, playing with high quality linemates, etc. When you add everything together (as various analytics websites do) Brock is poor value overall because, given his cap hit,  his puck skills (and scoring) are not sufficient to offset his deficiencies (slow, soft, poor defense, cannot play PK, etc.).. That is just another way of saying that his current contract is a negative value contract: the Canucks would have to pay to get rid of it.

If Brock is going to help the team instead of hurting it, he needs come back after the summer lighter, stronger, faster, and more focused. He needs to work hard in the summer to shift weight from fat to muscle mass and re-dedicate himself to "playing the right way".

PA is optimistic that Brock is having a good summer. I hope that is right.

Edited by JamesB
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I’d try ,

Garland and our 11th ( perhaps a prospect as well)

to Arizona

For their 6th .   ( we pick best Dman available)

one would think it’s about time AZ incorporated some vet presence.

The other player I see AZ has coming into UFA is Bret Ritchie,.  29.

He actullay has good soft hands .   Look solid on the 2nd or 3rd line.

not necessarily a “Driver” type player, but becomes one of with one.

Great Heavy game.

After screwing Arizona with the OEL buyout I can't see them ever dealing with us again

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I honestly don't mind this at all! I'm excited to see how Hirose performs this season. I think finding a better partner through free agency for Hughes over Woo, but otherwise I like it

I think Jules is ahead of Woo in the depth chart. ..  and Hughes said after a couple of games together that be thought they complemented each other quite well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

I think Jules is ahead of Woo in the depth chart. ..  and Hughes said after a couple of games together that be thought they complemented each other quite well

Yeah I like Juulsen and think he fits in nicely with Hughes. And it’s nice we already have him in the system.

Edited by Lewlowned
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Been some talk he likes Leo Carlsson, I also like Leo Carlsson but can't see it happening.

Unless they really like Michkov & we don't know about it, or they think Willander/Danielson is going ahead of us. 

I wonder if:

11oa

2024 1st Round pick (no protection)

Hoglander

Podkolzin

Gets it done for 3OA