The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Allvin media availability

Rate this topic

Baratheon

2 hours ago, Baratheon said:

I thought that the comments regarding moving up in the draft were most interesting.

I think CBJ is the only team not in a rebuild mode that Canucks could possibly make a trade with.

That #3 pick would coincide with Canucks interest in the Swedish prospect Carlsson.

Don’t know what it would take.  But Miller seems to be off the table.  So the only other premium talent would be Hughes or Demko.  Not likely Hughes as CBJ just got Sev.  And CBJ Achilles heel last year was Merzlikins.  A whopping 4.23 GAA and a dismal 0.876 save %.

#3 + Merz

for

#11 + Demko + Raty

Dunno if Clark can work his magic and make Merz better.  Could be a giant step backwards if Merz can’t play significantly better than last year.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think CBJ is the only team not in a rebuild mode that Canucks could possibly make a trade with.

That #3 pick would coincide with Canucks interest in the Swedish prospect Carlsson.

Don’t know what it would take.  But Miller seems to be off the table.  So the only other premium talent would be Hughes or Demko.  Not likely Hughes as CBJ just got Sev.  And CBJ Achilles heel last year was Merzlikins.  A whopping 4.23 GAA and a dismal 0.876 save %.

#3 + Merz

for

#11 + Demko + Raty

Dunno if Clark can work his magic and make Merz better.  Could be a giant step backwards if Merz can’t play significantly better than last year.

Merz has been declining in the past few years. He's also $400,000 more than Demko.

Basically you might as well trade everyone and start over.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I’m a bit shocked that he said Brock and Myers were both staying. 

Also very surprised that Pearson is “preparing” to return to camp this coming season!

He also said he wasn't intending on using buyouts.....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

We’ll be ok for one decent addition I think. They referenced the young guys filling out the defence and showcasing Hughes and Hronek like they did with the Pittsburg model

Mik's coming back. There's $4.75 million. If Pearson is coming back that's another $3.25 million.

That doesn't look good unless we can offload some players, even if we get future considerations back.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Mik's coming back. There's $4.75 million. If Pearson is coming back that's another $3.25 million.

That doesn't look good unless we can offload some players, even if we get future considerations back.

Isn’t that crazy? We already had too many wingers on this team. Where does Pods and Hogs fit now? 4th line? :picard:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Isn’t that crazy? We already had too many wingers on this team. Where does Pods and Hogs fit now? 4th line? :picard:

Podz has the bonus he's on one more year of a cheap deal. That will work in his favour. I'm wondering was Hogs is looking for?

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No Mik doesn’t count. He’s already accounted for under cap friendly. As is a Dermott. Pearson and Poolman are the only worries cap wise as they were under LTIR

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If there’s competition for spots that’s what we want. Our young guys will compete and if they can push a veteran down the lineup that’s good for the club. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The 6 million and change that we have is assuming that Pearson and Poolman are coming back.

Someone on forwards will be traded

Someone else will finish camp on LTIR.

Every season, fans panic over space, and every season, we wind up with enough LTIR.

As we get a week or two into free agency and any interesting UFA's are gone, Garland is going to look a lot more attractive to teams and trades will happen.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Athletic just dropped a “teams that should trade for Brock Boeser” piece - it’s just some summer fodder but there’s people out there looking to buy low on the guy.

While PA isn’t looking to move him, you know there’s people around the league window shopping if not kicking the tires just yet.

Im happy to keep Brock for the same reasons other teams might be interested.  But same goes for Garland even though he’s the guy PA seems to want to move on from. 

Could be a huge summer.

I tend to like Garlands game but wish he was 3 or 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier. Probably would not be in the conversation if that was the case

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

The 6 million and change that we have is assuming that Pearson and Poolman are coming back.

Someone on forwards will be traded

Someone else will finish camp on LTIR.

Every season, fans panic over space, and every season, we wind up with enough LTIR.

As we get a week or two into free agency and any interesting UFA's are gone, Garland is going to look a lot more attractive to teams and trades will happen.

If Pearson comes back, it's a positive cap-wise. 

It would be a failing to be in LTIR at all this year, and we have a better upside if Pearson and Poolman are both healthy. If they are healthy, they can: 

a) be contributing players and fill in one winger that PKs and one RD spot 

b) be bought out as they're not on LTIR 

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I tend to like Garlands game but wish he was 3 or 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier. Probably would not be in the conversation if that was the case

If Garland is still slower than most in a straight line then he’s still a problem. He can’t pk. He’s so so on the pp. He contributes little unless he has the puck in the o zone. And even then he’s not very direct with his play. 

• Like 1

I'm encouraged and believe they'll improve the team next season.

I like that Boeser and Myers will be returning, I expect them both to be better.

Garland and Beauvillier need to be traded IMO.

Interesting talk about moving up. He mentioned it more than once. No talk of moving down.  Is Carlsson their target? Or maybe a trade with MTL to try and get Smith or Dvorsky?

He mentioned two D in the top group that could become good NHL players. My guess is they are Willander and Simashev.

Do they let Burroughs walk and not qualify Dermott?

Allvin mentioned good D that could make the team (Juulsen, Woo, Hirose, Johansson, McWard) They might try to fill spots with these guys.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Garland is still slower than most in a straight line then he’s still a problem. He can’t pk. He’s so so on the pp. He contributes little unless he has the puck in the o zone. And even then he’s not very direct with his play. 

His game is to draw penalties and put up 5v5 points which he does well. For $5M he should probably be doing some special teams though.  
Beau is slightly different player but has similar problems in that not good defensively, doesn’t PK and really isn’t a great scorer. He needs to start watching Matt Cooke tapes and learn to PK if he wants to keep a regular NHL role as a small forward who may get 20g a couple times in his career.  If he could PK and could reach 1/3 MattCookeliness he would be valuable despite his size. Now he is a small speedy forechecker who provides some offence but plays a somewhat sheltered role.