The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to Calgary for Lindholm

9 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

And what is wrong with Lindholm being their primary first line centre?  He's cheap and still has two years left.  Why on earth would they dump that for someone OLDER and MORE EXPENSIVE??

Cause players want out.

Making w strong trade some might look and want to stay.

I doubt a trade happens but the flames would be all over a trade like this.

8 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Only 1 year left and is a UFA. Going to need an extension and talks out of Calgary are some players don't plan to resign. Miller gives them a top 6 center back with term locked in. 

I'd only say yes on Vancouver's end if they are able to speak with Lindholm and work out an extension first. I also would only want to pay him around $7 million or less. 

To be honest likely not the right target for Vancouver anyway. Would prefer someone a couple years younger at least. 

Lindholm 28 will get similar contract Horvat got between 7.8 -- 8.3 million X 7 yrs..Very good centre and will be hard to replace in Calgary. No Vancouver don't need Lindholm..

Canucks need another top 4 D man and 3rd line centre

1. Petey 2. Miller 3____  4. Aman

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

How is it advantage Canucks if Miller is the better player? 

Flames would win that trade and the Canucks would be stuck with an even worse contract.

How about look at the suggested trade in total context......not just one part. 

Weegar and Lindholm have far better defensive capabilities, and with the secondary part of the trade just as big as the primary, because Weegar actually helps balance the team and gives Hughes a much better playing partner. The other part of this is Lindholm is actually a center, where as Miller is more a winger who plays center, which is part of his defensive problem. Try to keep in mind that Boeser is slow and not defensive in any way......the game is played at both ends!

23 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Cause players want out.

Making w strong trade some might look and want to stay.

I doubt a trade happens but the flames would be all over a trade like this.

Given the Flames' current situation, you'd expect them to think twice before taking on any more Canucks - that's what got them into this situation in the first place.  When you fly too close to DTES you get burned.

Irony aside, we are strangely watching a team implode by itself in the offseason.  What Conroy should consider is pulling the plug and embracing a full-on rebuild.  Taking on an older player doesn't make sense within that context.

20 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

How about look at the suggested trade in total context......not just one part. 

Weegar and Lindholm have far better defensive capabilities, and with the secondary part of the trade just as big as the primary, because Weegar actually helps balance the team and gives Hughes a much better playing partner. The other part of this is Lindholm is actually a center, where as Miller is more a winger who plays center, which is part of his defensive problem. Try to keep in mind that Boeser is slow and not defensive in any way......the game is played at both ends!

I am aware of how good of players and they are pretty damn good. 

I am interested in Lindholm, but not at the expense of Miller. 

Frankly, I think the Canucks might be better off getting Backlund to fill the need of a third line center. 

13 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

I am aware of how good of players and they are pretty damn good. 

I am interested in Lindholm, but not at the expense of Miller. 

Frankly, I think the Canucks might be better off getting Backlund to fill the need of a third line center. 

Well, Miller has grit, so you might be right...I just think that total adds benefit our team over theirs

9 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, Miller has grit, so you might be right...I just think that total adds benefit our team over theirs

My preference would be to keep Miller, but if you're talking about a Miller/Boeser for Lindholm/Weegar trade,

I could be onboard for that.  Unfortunately, Weegar has a NTC and with Hanifin leaving next year, the Flames

will need Weegar on defence even more.

If Lindholm would sign an extension of something like $6.5 x 6-7yrs, I’d consider trading Miller.  But Calgary would need to add.

Miller

for 

Lindholm + Zadorov + 2nd

Calgary gets a long term player on a good contract.  Vancouver gets more pieces to fill in the holes.