The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams will not wear specialty jerseys in warmups next season

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Rememberance day is 100% politics, all wars are political, full stop. 

Oh man, so proud to say I don't think like you do. I apologize to all those that were willing and unwillingly involved in wars for a society that has cultured types that don't see the difference. 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Because there were never any charges , with the disruption and the vandalism couldn’t be proven.  But being the small city that it is. “ prince rumour” there were assumptions and accusations made. 

Fair enough.

Who's ass is the little old man talking about?

My guess is that he is  just doing the...'I'm set in my ways and beliefs so I don't have to respect yours, because I served.'...?

Whoever that is that he might be upset with...

For the record, every generation in my familly on both sides has served. Never met my grandfathers.  My great grandfather died on Flanders Field.

When I was competing in martial arts I would get inspiration from my cousin while he did his tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. We would email each other and he would tell me tales and send pics. I would tell him 'if you can do that, I can shake my nerves and put myself in the next tourny.' 

I'm against any war, as everyone should be. However, huge respect for any person that serve their country.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Oh man, so proud to say I don't think like you do. I apologize to all those that were willing and unwillingly involved in wars for a society that has cultured types that don't see the difference. 

My grandpa fought in WWII, War is political, period. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

My grandpa fought in WWII, War is political, period. 

You don't get it. War is political, about religion, whatever. Remembrance Day is about the sacrifice and the people, completely separate. In fact, it's anti political in that regardless of your opinions, you come together to honor those involved on that day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

You don't get it. War is political, about religion, whatever. Remembrance Day is about the sacrifice and the people, completely separate. In fact, it's anti political in that regardless of your opinions, you come together to honor those involved on that day. 

I do honor them, never said I don't and don't even think of accusing me otherwise. It's still political, it's roots are in politics. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It wouldn't get that far if it was simply in the code of conduct. You would sign it before you play. I believe many top orgs have these in place.

But yeah, the NHL screwed up here. Changed their stance over a few. 

The NHL hierarchy doesn't like controversy; nor would they implement a policy that could lead to (star) players

leaving the NHL (Russians, some Christians and others).  Hence, their autocratic decision.

Sadly, it takes a long time for human beings to change beliefs, attitudes, opinions, etc that have been

passed from generation to generation, since the beginning of time.  After all, look how long women

have been fighting for equality. :shock:  

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It wouldn't get that far if it was simply in the code of conduct. You would sign it before you play. I believe many top orgs have these in place.

But yeah, the NHL screwed up here. Changed their stance over a few. 

The NHL hierarchy doesn't like controversy; nor would they implement a policy that could lead to (star) players

leaving the NHL (Russians, some Christians and others).  Hence, their autocratic decision.

Sadly, it takes a long time for human beings to change beliefs, attitudes, opinions, etc that have been

passed from generation to generation, since the beginning of time.  After all, look how long women

have been fighting for equality.   Ignorance rules!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/connor-mcdavid-nhl-pride-themed-warmup-jerseys-1.6889731

Can't recall who I was speaking to previously, but they said they didn't think Boeser would be disappointed he wouldn't get to wear his Hockey Fights Cancer jersey going forward. Even the most boring man in hockey is vocally disapointed about this decision. My respect for McDoodoo just went up a little bit.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You seemed pretty comfortable bringing up as a comparison to pride. 

It wasn't a comparison to Pride - you missed the point - go back to school and pay attention this time.

• Wat 1