The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

27 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Why are unsigned prospects, IRL, showing salaries on my fantrax minor league roster ? 

Those were placeholder values, since a number needed to be displayed.

All salaries will be removed from Fantrax soon. The spreadsheet is the go-to source for that information.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Those were placeholder values, since a number needed to be displayed.

All salaries will be removed from Fantrax soon. The spreadsheet is the go-to source for that information.

Cheers my friend.

I can't access the spread sheet for my team on my phone, I don't have a computer.

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Are you able to download the google sheets app?

That's what I use, it should allow access to viewing the spreadsheet on a phone.

I just used my son's tablet and was able to access my roster.

Did have some problems google drive.

I will look into Google sheets for my phone 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/27/2023 at 11:19 PM, Petey Castiglione said:

Projected line up for the 2023-24 Washington Capitals

Stamkos  -  Bedard  -  Zucker

Benn  -  Geekie  -  Vilardi

Crouse  -  Veleno  -  Bemstrom

Foligno  -  Drury  -  Lavoie

MacEwen - Gaucher

Werenski  -  Dobson

Miller  -  Larsson 

Poirier - Peek

Staal

Korpisalo

Wallstedt

Nathan Gaucher needs to be called up to be put into your lineup. If you did so already and I missed it, please bump and ill have it back dated.

On 8/30/2023 at 1:51 PM, MeanSeanBean said:

What does slide and all that mean again? I have Ostlund, and Willander who obviously won't be on my roster. So I slide them?

I assume callups and roster is based off fantrax? If so

I need to send down

Brink

Foote

Dean

Ostlund

Willander

Wright

And call up

Bjugstad

Bonino

Kunin

Ylonen

Benoit

Fantrax is simply just a scoring tracker for us and can help GMs find free agents, see point projections, etc. All roster moves are made on CDC, and the team sheets (link in OP) is your best guide for tracking your team building/cap structure

On 8/30/2023 at 3:27 PM, TiTaniuM said:

NJD would like to place William Eklund, Marco Kasper and Ryker Evans on NHL roster. Please backdate to the day they were drafted.

Thanks you 

@Gator

I back dated Eklund, but the other 2 were listed in the minor leagues on CF so couldn't back date. If you stated to have them on main roster when you drafted them please bump post and I will have them back dated. Keep in mind if post was edited after this post it will be invalid.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

When do waivers come into play ?

Same rules as the NHL ?

October 1st.. There will be a league wide waiver purge that day. Any waiver eligible player in the AHL will be automatically placed on waivers

• Thanks 1

Could contain: Clothing, Glove, Helmet, Field Hockey Stick, Sport, Person, Shoe, Face, Ice Hockey, RinkCould contain: Hockey, Ice Hockey, Ice Hockey Stick, Rink, Skating, Sport, People, Person, Helmet

*Veterans Crosby, Giordano, Josi, and Rantanen report to training camp scrimmages*

Pittsburgh Penguins projected lineup:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Unsigned prospects: Riley Heidt, Koehn Ziemmer, Cam Allen, Kirill Dolzhenkov, Scott Ratslaff, Ilya Safonov, Alex Rykov, Nikita Yevseyev, Jake Richard, Patrik Hamrla

As the CDCGFL rosters begin to report to training camp, there are dozens of new faces on the Pittsburgh Penguins, and none bigger than Bob Loblaw, recently signed to the position of general manager by President of Hockey Ops Kyle Dubas.  In keeping with the spirit of Dubas' original vision of the team, GM Bob has opted for a grizzled veteran squad shored up by plenty of affordable depth players.  The inaugural draft began with some heavy hitters, including the team's first player, Mikko Rantanen.  There will be high expectations out the gate for Rantanen as he was immediately named the new Penguins' captain.  

But there are some old faces returning to the roster as well.  Sidney Crosby, his hair mostly grayed out, has returned for two more years to try and win a fourth cup for Pittsburgh.  When asked about his being stripped of the captaincy, he demurred, “I’m not going to change my game, I’m going to go out and play hard every night.”  Marc-André Fleury, another previous first overall pick, has also returned for what he has deemed "The Last Dance". 

Asked about his drafting strategy, GM Bob said he wanted to draft the best possible players he believed could play smart, analytical hockey.  But as his early picks came with a high price tag, Bob shifted over to low-cost, high-value picks as well as young prospects from the 2022 and 2023 NHL entry drafts.  He is largely satisfied with his prospect depth, particularly with a legion of youngsters currently developing in Russia.  There could still be more room for goalie depth, a concern that is expected to be addressed in the coming weeks.

With a full roster but plenty of cap space left, it remains to be seen which direction the Penguins will go in improving the team.  They are clearly competitive and will seek a secured playoff spot in the Metropolitan Division.  GM Bob can either continue to add players and spend up the cap via free agency, or leave space open for future trades as the year progresses. 

#LetsGoPens

Could contain: Helmet, People, Person, Adult, Male, Man, American Football, Football, Playing American Football, Sport

Thinking about the bottom five anti tanking rule, I think it was Theo pointed out the 28th worst team seems to get 'punished' worse than the 32nd worst team by the rule. 

THinking this through; my understanding is this:

5.1 Draft Lottery

The draft lottery will replicate that of the NHL every year. If you miss the playoffs and are in the running for the draft lottery you will be paired with the NHL team by seeding. 

EXAMPLE:

Vancouver finishes 25th in GFL. They will be paired up with the 25th placed NHL team and pick where they end up picking.

If a team finishes in the bottom 5 they will drop 5 spots at the completion of the draft lottery.

~the regular season standings at the end of the season are used for pairing the CDCGFL club to its NHL equivalent for the draft lotto purposes

~the lotto is carried out in the NHL and its results dictate our results due to the pairing of CDCGFL teams and their NHL equivalents.

~We already know the 28th thru 32nd worst team might fall 3 places at worst in this process (something is reminding me that clubs can only fall 2 spots, but i can't remember how that works now, three for these illustrative purposes though)

~after the draft lotto a penalty will then be applied to the regular season worst 5 clubs for finishing in the bottom 5 teams: each of these clubs will then be dropped 5 places in the draft order.

Seems easy peasy and simple and a decent punishment while still allowing higher end draft picks to help make the club better.

Theo pointed out though that in theory the 5th place team could be bumped to 8th overall draft pick via the lotto and then another five by league rule to 13th overall while the 32nd place club who tanked the worst would only possibly drop 3 places in the lotto to fourth and then another five by rule to 9th overall as its worst possible outcome.

THis seems to punish finishing 28th worse than finishing 32nd.

There was some chat about how teams would try to come in sixth and therefore 'minitank' from say 10th worst down to closer to sixth: and IMO that is fine, but dangerous for them because the anti tank rule will have those bottom five clubs, and sixth and 7th worst as well all trying to get a bit higher so they are not punished by the rule, so any micro tanking to get closer to sixth is likely to come up against those trying to rise up and could very likely put your club in the 'bottom five'. Something to think on, but it does add another level of tactics and strategies to a GM's possible planning. 

I propose, here officially, instead of just the discord chat that we insert, before the lotto pairing, a flip of the placing from 28th to 32nd. This puts the 5th worst club in spot 1 and the 32nd worst club in spot 5 for draft lotto purposes, and reverses their maximum punishments so the worst team 'could' end up picking 13th overall while the 5th worst team 'could' end up picking 9th overall. 

Easy fix to what I think was an unforseen outcome. The objective is to keep clubs competitive so we dont have Arizona's popping up over the years that will eventually just fold due to lack of interest, like we see in other leagues that dont have an anti tanking rule. Overall, i think the rule will keep 32nd to 19th or 20th fighting to put up points rather than fighting to shed points for a reward for sucking. The top 16 more or less are in the playoffs and those middle five will be pushing for playoffs generally. I think five is the perfect spot to do this, as originally designed, and if we simply invert their order before the draft lotto pairing it solves the unwanted outcome of 5th overall possibly dropping to 13th overall and instead swaps that punishment to the worst overall club. 

Sorry for the wall of text but i wanted to describe it in full context for those who weren't on discord chatting about it.

Edited by Primal Optimist