The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Upgrades

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

9 minutes ago, 86Viking said:

I think all seats will be replaced next summer was what they announced. Or all lower bowl will be at least followed by upper bowl the following summer. Either way they will be replaced, but I agree it should have all been done at once but they got concerts that make that hard to do I guess. Not like we haven't had long off seasons lately...

Its more about getting the seats.  My rep told me, it takes months to actually make the 20,000 or so seats.  The company is from the states.  The install itself seems pretty streamline 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Its more about getting the seats.  My rep told me, it takes months to actually make the 20,000 or so seats.  The company is from the states.  The install itself seems pretty streamline 

Yeah when you put it that way, that’s a lot of seats to make and it make sense why it take so long to make one.. 

I’m guessing the products are handmade too (stitching, stuffing foams, gluing, etc). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Here is a most recent photo of the scoreboard and blue boards. Looks like it is going to be an amazing add!

Could contain: Outdoors, People, Person, Motorcycle, Transportation, Vehicle, Arena, Building, Stadium, Aerial View

I love the change from generic red to blue on the top part of boards. What would really look great and distinguishable from other NHL rinks is making the base of the boards either a light sky blue or a greenish aqua blue. 

The blue on both the top and bottom of the Pacific Coliseum boards in the Canucks' first season was beautiful:

Could contain: Person, Skating, Sport, Rink

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I love the change from generic red to blue on the top part of boards. What would really look great and distinguishable from other NHL rinks is making the base of the boards either a light sky blue or a greenish aqua blue. 

The blue on both the top and bottom of the Pacific Coliseum boards in the Canucks' first season was beautiful:

Could contain: Person, Skating, Sport, Rink

Oooh nice catch! I didn’t notice that. Finally some theme colour on our ice, better than red! I think the yellow on the bottom cannot be changed due to NHL’s regulations (all of the teams have yellow rings too.). Must be a good reason to keep track of the puck. 

I wonder if they are going to put the Canucks pattern on the centre ice’s Red Line? 

Edited by Crimson-JH
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

The KPMG sign is dumb, but its still better than the inexplicably stupid BC Ferries advertisement they used to have under the scoreboard.

why are those things dumb and stupid? seems like a pretty obvious way to recoup some costs, putting unobtrusive paid advertising on the thing in your building that has thousands of eyeballs pointed at it constantly. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, tas said:

why are those things dumb and stupid? seems like a pretty obvious way to recoup some costs, putting unobtrusive paid advertising on the thing in your building that has thousands of eyeballs pointed at it constantly. 

I don't think anybody is being swayed into hiring KPMG for their business because of a massive sign at a hockey game. It seems like a poor use of resources on their behalf, but I'm not a partner at KPMG so its no skin off my ass. What I don't like is the giant glowing KPMG logo on the scoreboard, I just don't think it looks very nice. 

As for the BC Ferries advertisement that used to be in its place, that one is extra dumb and particularly annoying to anyone who has grown up on or lived on the Island for any period of time. The BC Ferries are a crown corporation. They operate as part of the infrastructure of British Columbia. They should not be paying for some of the most expensive advertising space in the arena, just like I don't want to see an advertisement for the Massey Tunnel or Metro Vancouver Water Services. 

Edited by McBackup

11 hours ago, McBackup said:

I don't think anybody is being swayed into hiring KPMG for their business because of a massive sign at a hockey game. It seems like a poor use of resources on their behalf, but I'm not a partner at KPMG so its no skin off my ass. What I don't like is the giant glowing KPMG logo on the scoreboard, I just don't think it looks very nice. 

As for the BC Ferries advertisement that used to be in its place, that one is extra dumb and particularly annoying to anyone who has grown up on or lived on the Island for any period of time. The BC Ferries are a crown corporation. They operate as part of the infrastructure of British Columbia. They should not be paying for some of the most expensive advertising space in the arena, just like I don't want to see an advertisement for the Massey Tunnel or Metro Vancouver Water Services. 

forgive me, but I'll defer to the highly paid marketing execs at these firms who have access to their actual internal profit and loss and budgetary documentation to decide what investments are prudent as opposed to the conjecture of a random poster on a hockey forum. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

forgive me, but I'll defer to the highly paid marketing execs at these firms who have access to their actual internal profit and loss and budgetary documentation to decide what investments are prudent as opposed to the conjecture of a random poster on a hockey forum. 

I don't care what you think. Defer to whoever you want, your opinion is worthless to me. 

I said I don't like the way something looks and your response was "yeah but it makes money". So? Complete non-sequitur and now you're being passive aggressive and smarmy over a concept that flew completely your head. 

Edited by McBackup
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, McBackup said:

I don't care what you think. Defer to whoever you want, your opinion is worthless to me. 

I said I don't like the way something looks and your response was "yeah but it makes money". So? Complete non-sequitur and now you're being passive aggressive and smarmy over a concept that flew completely your head. 

BC Ferries is no longer a Crown Corporation if we're being completely honest. It is a publicly owned Canadian company operating independently. 

On 9/11/2023 at 6:30 AM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I wonder if the goal horn is going to change or is it not part of the scoreboard at all?

Goal horn is the same not part of the scoreboard at all, hoping they don't change it anytime soon the ferry horn is unique to the league. 

10 hours ago, McBackup said:

you didn't say you didn't like the way it looked, you said one was dumb and the other was stupid. I was curious about your rationale. 

• 2 weeks later...