The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Ryan Dzingel with Coyotes

18 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

We're gonna bring absolute scrubs to our training camp aren't we

Dzingel was a good player at one point - 26 goal season. Wrist surgery seemed to kill his shot.

I think Schneider wants to retire or play in Switzerland but I could see him entertaining a PTO as a short term NHL backup and perhaps retiring if he gets sent down. Ryan Murray could be an interesting option as well since the bottom pairing left side is a bit open. 

47 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Isn't that exactly what Dzingel is at this point?

You are correct.  Until we find out who we bring in.  Then Dzingel will look like a stud.

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

Dzingel was a good player at one point - 26 goal season. Wrist surgery seemed to kill his shot.

I think Schneider wants to retire or play in Switzerland but I could see him entertaining a PTO as a short term NHL backup and perhaps retiring if he gets sent down. Ryan Murray could be an interesting option as well since the bottom pairing left side is a bit open. 

Cory Schneider used to be Vezina calibre.  If he couldn’t find a team despite putting up good numbers in Bridgeport, I feel like there's  better options out there.

But we could use another goalie - I'll tell you that for free.

16 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You are correct.  Until we find out who we bring in.  Then Dzingel will look like a stud.

Cory Schneider used to be Vezina calibre.  If he couldn’t find a team despite putting up good numbers in Bridgeport, I feel like there's  better options out there.

But we could use another goalie - I'll tell you that for free.

We have a decent amount of forwards and an abundance of wingers and I don't really think Dzingel is a stud compared to any of them. He was only 43% on the faceoff dot his last season in the NHL and San Jose didn't even use him has a Centre. On our Depth chart he's not even an NHL regular even at Centre imo.

Petey

Miller

Blueger/Suter

Dries/Studnicka/Dzingel 

So not really sure why you think he looks like a stud at all?

33 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We have a decent amount of forwards and an abundance of wingers and I don't really think Dzingel is a stud compared to any of them. He was only 43% on the faceoff dot his last season in the NHL and San Jose didn't even use him has a Centre. On our Depth chart he's not even an NHL regular even at Centre imo.

Petey

Miller

Blueger/Suter

Dries/Studnicka/Dzingel 

So not really sure why you think he looks like a stud at all?

What?  No...

I'm saying whoever we bring on as a PTO will make Dzingel look like a superstar... because we haven't signed anyone yet...?

• Cheers 1