The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dexter

JCiarniello

I wish they'd just ended the show after season four. Did the entire writing staff get replaced, or what?

I watch it now for all the wrong reasons. Namely, because it's now laughably bad. The writing is so weak it's a joke, and actual character development has been replaced by "oooh, shiny!". Deb especially is really getting the short end of the writing stick here and last night's episode was the worst of it so far.

Second up, is what I think they're about to do with Harry. I have a feeling that they're going to re-write the entire nature of Harry's character by the en dof this season.

I would bet that we eventually find out that Harry was killed by Vogel, rather than it being suicide. Vogel likely did it to protect Dexter after Harry realized he couldn't go on with training Dexter.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay.... let's bring back the worst season's worst character, Hannah McKay!!! Let's make season 8 even worse than last!!

I'm honestly just watching to see how the train wreck ends. Kinda like I did with Lost. It's not exactly Lost bad, but really has run its course.

There is apparently going to be a spin-off show, it's a guess as to who the star will be. Harrison? Dexter's new protege?

Either way I think both Dex and Deb get killed and Quinn and Batista's sister raise Harrison (wouldn't surprise me if Batista is the one to kill Dexter, Quinn gets Deb in the standoff if I had to guess). The afformentioned drama taking place over Vogel's body makes sense. I don't know where the protege fits in but I think he saves Dex and Deb from Hannah and probably watches over Harrison from afar.

• 1 month later...

So know that it's all over, how did everyone like the ending?

Personally, I thought things wrapped up fairly nicely (not great, but a fitting end) up until that final scene showing that Dexter has actually survived. To me, Dexter had to die or get caught to make a good ending, which was ruined with that one final scene.

Archived