The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Fedor just tarnished his legacy with this move. Will always be regarded as a chump now who only fights second tier fighters. He runs away from competition as to not hurt his inflated 30-1 record riddled with chump fighters.

The UFC can't get the legitimacy for its heavyweight title holder. This is better than the fights themselves. This is a Dana White finding out that Fedor has signed with Strikeforce.

MMA fans will wait this out. Now it's a matter of who will cave first, Fedor or Dana White. Fedor knows that his next challenge is in UFC against Lesnar, not to be stuck in STrike Force, Pride, or whatever mickey mouse sanction he's in. While I give Dana White credit for sticking to his ego and how no fighter is bigger than him, lets be realistic here, the UFC heavyweight division is a joke and Dana knows that.

MMA fans will wait this out. Now it's a matter of who will cave first, Fedor or Dana White. Fedor knows that his next challenge is in UFC against Lesnar, not to be stuck in STrike Force, Pride, or whatever mickey mouse sanction he's in. While I give Dana White credit for sticking to his ego and how no fighter is bigger than him, lets be realistic here, the UFC heavyweight division is a joke and Dana knows that.

We'll see fedor/brock fight when they're in their 40s. It just won't be the same....

I beg to differ....

Lesnar

Carwin

Velasquez

Dos Santos

Mir

Couture

Nogueria

Cro Cop

Kongo

Sounds pretty good to me.

I beg to differ....

Lesnar

Carwin

Velasquez

Dos Santos

Mir

Couture

Nogueria

Cro Cop

Kongo

Sounds pretty good to me.

People who don't like the UFC, either because of Dana or because of the "gimmicky" cage won't bother reading the list. Other than Harbinger maybe, most people's negative views on the UFC HW division stem from some drunk guy at a bar telling them how bad it is.

fights were always meant to be inside a ring whether its boxing, muai thai or mma. cage is like training wheels on a tricycle. this is why ufc will always be a second rate league in my books.

I'd rather see two guys fight themselves off the cage then watch a ref break it up every couple minutes, or better yet watch someone go through the ropes and suffer a pointless fight ending injury. It's part of the reason why I never got as into Pride as I did UFC. The talent there was immense but the resets we're almost as amusing as watching Dan The Beast fight.

STOKED for his debut. Can't wait til Saturday!! Amir seems like such a cool dude too. Very much like my boy Forrest... who unfortunately will probably be knocked the f out.

Forrest might not be the best fighter but he's got good spirit and heart. He brings his lunch kit to every fight.

Forrest might not be the best fighter but he's got good spirit and heart. He brings his lunch kit to every fight.

That's why aside from GSP, he's my favourite.

I hope so, Kenflo is on a good roll right now. I admire BJ's talent but hate his attitude

He kinda WAS on a good roll. It's a shame his last fight was in November. Who knows though, the layoff coulda been a great thing for him. Maybe it gives him ring rust. We'll see. GO KENFLO!