The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

L'il Nog should have retired after that KO of Sam Alvey last fall. Would have been an ideal way to go out.  

Sadly I think GSP is the real guy who'll go out on top. Maybe Cormier...unless he fights Jones again. Stipe is still a legit threat too. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm not always for immediate rematches but I would support Rose getting one.

That was a clinic until holding on to that arm too long in the slam. Could have been very ugly, Rose is fortunate. Full credit to Jessica on the win.

Rose is uncertain about fighting based on she said. That is when a fighter can get seriously hurt. Should not be competing at the highest level of a dangerous sport like this with any bit of uncertainty. 

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Rose is uncertain about fighting based on she said. That is when a fighter can get seriously hurt. Should not be competing at the highest level of a dangerous sport like this with any bit of uncertainty. 

True, but I also think fighters say a lot of things they don't necessarily mean, especially after a KO loss. If how she feels now is the same way she feels in July... then she should definitely retire. Which is too bad for fans, because as technical fighters go she is really interesting to watch. When it comes to women in MMA, 95% of the time I'd pick any men's fight versus a women's fight... but the elite female fighters like Rose, Nunes, etc., I enjoy watching them about as much as I enjoy watching the elite male fighters. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

True, but I also think fighters say a lot of things they don't necessarily mean, especially after a KO loss. If how she feels now is the same way she feels in July... then she should definitely retire. Which is too bad for fans, because as technical fighters go she is really interesting to watch. When it comes to women in MMA, 95% of the time I'd pick any men's fight versus a women's fight... but the elite female fighters like Rose, Nunes, etc., I enjoy watching them about as much as I enjoy watching the elite male fighters. 

True as well. 

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I take what fighters say immediately after a loss with a grain of salt.

My point is, if she wants a rematch she should get one.

Nobody should fight if they are uncertain. She's done enough, she can ride into the sunset if she wants. To me she looks at her peak. Would love to see her fight some more. 

Diaz vs Pettis.

Could be interesting. Pettis states that he does not like Nate and that this fight is personal. He also claims he was offered Conor but it didn't work out. States that he would rather fight Diaz anyway cause of the dislike. 

If they ever thought of launching a 165 division maybe this could be the scrap.

I like Pettis's chances, Nate's been out of action for quite a bit.

I like TFerg over Cowboy too, in another interesting match up. 

3 hours ago, Isam said:

Sage northcutt has got to leave alpha male. That was the dumbest gameplan i have seen in awhile in trying to trade strikes with a guy who has went toe to toe with parr in kickboxing. Ugh

TAM...where career's go to die. 

Speaking of changing teams, it's long overdue for Lee. Another disappointing performance and refusal to change game plans mid fight. His corner was literally telling him to continue on after each round of horribly failed take down attempts and generally sloppy advancing. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Isam said:

Sage northcutt has got to leave alpha male. That was the dumbest gameplan i have seen in awhile in trying to trade strikes with a guy who has went toe to toe with parr in kickboxing. Ugh

It was 29 secs though, one punch, short fight. Isn't Sage a karate guy? That side stance and side kicks are a give away. Isn't striking his wheel house? I wonder if he has anything else.

I think a few picked him to lose against Cosmo, maybe he should have tried to take him down but again, 29 secs. Looks like a bad match up for Sage. That punch destroyed Sage's face too,  9 hrs of surgery. 

I don't know enough about Alpha Male but not a huge fan of Faber.

Edited by bishopshodan

UFC and ACB team up for CBD research. So cool to see, we have come a long way from Nate Diaz raising eyebrows while smoking CBD at a post fight presser. 

Meanwhile. 

This Paulie fella is gonna get a lot of attention if he can beat Artem. Playing the dirt bag roll pretty good. 

I once had a friend beat a guy up bad, broke his jaw. There was a law suit. My friend got off due to the fact that his opponent spat in his face to get the maylay started. The judge ruled the spit assault. 

Trash talk if you have to but spitting etc... should result in fine or something. 

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

UFC and ACB team up for CBD research. So cool to see, we have come a long way from Nate Diaz raising eyebrows while smoking CBD at a post fight presser. 

Meanwhile. 

This Paulie fella is gonna get a lot of attention if he can beat Artem. Playing the dirt bag roll pretty good. 

I once had a friend beat a guy up bad, broke his jaw. There was a law suit. My friend got off due to the fact that his opponent spat in his face to get the maylay started. The judge ruled the spit assault. 

Trash talk if you have to but spitting etc... should result in fine or something. 

when is that bare knuckle fight between artem and paulie? I assume it is a ppv event, but hopefully there will be a stream