The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

^^^ he sure is :wub:

GOD i love it. he's like, CDC's anti-hero or like CDC's Dr. Evil

lol you got to respect his resilience and no backing down lol... kind of like what Burrows does on the ice.

it's like Burrows is playing the way he is just to piss clutch off... we really should keep this thread going for 4 years haha.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

HAHAHAHHAHA Seriously dude... You haven't watched a Canucks game in how long? You have this old idea of Burrows when he was trying out for the team about 3 seasons ago!!

He can't score? REALLLY? ORLY!? he's done it 26 times so far this season....

Kesler carrying his weight? dude that just proves right there you haven't watched a game in a while... he hasn't played on a line with Kesler in MONTHS.

I'm glad you yell at your TV like a complete fool though... that's hilarious given that you HAVE NO CLUE.

You must be trolling....

just quickly looking at the op's posts and they are all just anti burrows this and that, like basically every single one. it's really quite baffling why someone would start an account on here and just bash one of our hardest working players. whatever, this is like a burrows mojo thread imo.

do you people realize that the initial post was made back in early Oct 2008?

Here is Burrows stats before this season

206 GP 22G 30A 52P +9

and this season here is Burrows numbers

75GP 26G 21A 47P +21

as you can see this season alone almost beats his previous seasons production.

As of Oct 3, 2008, Burrows wasnt that grea5t, but he is having a breakout year and provign the naysayers wrong. It shows that hardwork and determination does pay off.

The truth about what Clutch thinks of Burrows right here for all to see

Taken from the flames site. You can find it at the bottom of this page

http://forum.calgaryflames.com/index.php?s...2574&st=100

He should probably get a game or two.

Real point is that I wish we had him. For the price they got him for it sucks that they will have him for four more years. I wanted us to be able to go after him this summer. Players like Burrows and Bourque are so underrated yet so important to team success. Imagine having BOTH of them!

Edited by Harbinger

^^^ he sure is :wub:

GOD i love it. he's like, CDC's anti-hero or like CDC's Dr. Evil

2007-08 Vancouver Canucks NHL GP:79 G:16 A:21 P:37

Yup. There it is. 26 goals.

EDIT: LOL @ the flames board find Harbinger. Good work.

Edited by Vermillion