The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I use to hate burrows...but the more i see him play the better he is. Specially in tight checking games.

when we first got him. He would rush up and just dump it in...now hes alot better....

definately hes got the heart and work effort...

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

:wacko: This post is the perfect example on why the broadcasting of games should be done in BRAILLE for the blind! It is obvious that this poster is visually impaired and is getting the wrong interpretation of the games that they are listening too! :lol: Imagine wanting to cut a player that plays a critical role on one of the better shut down lines in the NHL, while at the same time playing with passion, heart and determination! Oh yeah he hits too! Lets not forget that he can put the puck in the net, as the two goals tonight demonstrate!

So please CDC'ers don't roast this person too badly, it is really the fault of the broadcasters for 1. Not broadcasting in Braille :lol:! 2. For sending a different video feed to the poster then the rest of us obviously receive :rolleyes:, 3. This is a troll from Toronna, wanting to drum up some trades to help improve the Laffs!!

Pardon the sarcasm, but it must have been what this poster was attempting to do, but failed at it big time!!

Edited by SuperCanuckFanInAlberta

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

See my sig.

uh, yeah...do goaltenders really need pads?

OF COURSE WE WANT BURROWS...he works hard every shift, has passion in his play and wins games for us.

Question is, do we really want you? lol

Edited by debluvscanucks