The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

what's the compensation????

I know if Sauve is offered a contract and doesnt sign it, there is a compensatory draft pick....it better be a 2nd round pick!

Teams HAVE to be protected from kids unwilling to sign (BTW Canucks fans seriously overrate Sauve).

No compensation whatsoever. Sauve was a 2nd round pick.

I doubt that Sauve will want to go back into the draft. History tells us that players who elect to go back into the draft usually get redrafted at a lower round, thus diminishing their bargaining power even further.

I doubt that Sauve will not be signed, unless Gillis has decided he isn't worth 2nd round money.

Signing those prospects has NOTHING to do with Sauve because:

1. These players were done their respective team's playoffs when they were signed( with the exception of S. Schneider).. while Sauve just finished his QMJHL playoffs about 10 days ago.

2. Rai, Schneider are forwards and Lack is a goalie.

3. Ellington was signed LAST YEAR, and has played a year of pro hockey already.

4. The canucks are nowhere near their contract limit, so it's not like they chose the aforementioned players over Sauve.

I do agree that MG should NOT lose are best D- prospect (now arguably with Connauton's great WHL season, as well O'Berg and Andersson are nothing to shake a stick at)

But to state that he made mistakes by signing those above players is absurd.

Read the actual post, never did I say that it was a mistake signing the likes of those above listed, but I was surprised MG would sign the players above before signing a very critical part of the puzzle for the future...never did i say it was a mistake signing them. Im just stating that Im a little surprised

Read the actual post, never did I say that it was a mistake signing the likes of those above listed, but I was surprised MG would sign the players above before signing a very critical part of the puzzle for the future...never did i say it was a mistake signing them. Im just stating that Im a little surprised

Sorry... I used the wrong wording...

This is what I meant: "But to state that he signed those players OVER Sauve is absurd"

When compared to what you said.

this could be quite a concern because MG decided to Sign the likes of Taylor Ellington, Prab rai, Stefan Schneider and Eddie Lack over their arguebly best defensive dman prospect.

My point still applies.

i would say he's closer to ohlund than mitchell

Yeah, that is exactly who he reminds me of.

He is more mobile than Mitchell, and more of a 2 way defender.

I love his agility when he steps in from the point on a defender, goes right around him.

I've seen Ehrhoff do it a couple times, but Sauve does it a lot.

He is tricky with his body language on the ice, which makes him hard to defend against.

I really hope that he gets a call up from the moose this year.

Edit: He has been signed

Archived