The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Bernie - 7/10

Was very surprised that this turned up on Netflix so quickly. It's not often that you get to see Jack Black not acting like Jack Black. Very enjoyable film that would not have been made had it not been based on a true story. Very weird, but I always seem to enjoy films that Shirley Maclaine is in, and she did very well. Worth watching.

Seeking a Friend For The End of The World - 4/10

There is some interesting stuff going on in the first half of this movie, but it is all with secondary characters and situations. Sadly, the main characters not interesting in the least, and the core storyline is stupid and pointless. It's as if the producers had all these cool side ideas as to how people would react to their impending doom, but had no idea how to weave them together. Disappointing.

The Amazing Spiderman - 7/10

I was totally against this movie from the moment it came out, and the Raimi/McGuire version is so much better...that said, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

The Hobbit 9/10

I know there's some really negative reviews about this movie. I don't know why honestly, the movie was just amazing. Having been a Lord of the Rings fan and watching that movie more than a decade ago now, the Hobbit just brings so much good memories. Several songs are from the lord of the rings with gives old fans a sense of nostalgia.

Also it is clear that Hobbit was made for fans that already know a bit of the Lotro lore. For instance there's mention of the Morgul blade, the witch king of Angmar, and we get to see smeagol. So if you haven't watch the best trilogy ever made go and watch Lord of the Rings before the hobbit!

Great movie highly recommended escepecially in 3d.

Django Unchained

Good, but disappointing. 7.5/10

I think I was just grumpy after having to sit through 16 minutes of previews, after getting to the theater 20 minutes early. With a 3 hour movie, that's almost 4 hours of sitting in some really uncomfortable seats.

Archived