The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

That's a shame, I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Did you see/enjoy Andrew Dominik's last movie, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"? I know a lot of people couldn't get into it but it was one of my favourite fims that year. Is his stuff just not your thing, or is this a step down?

I haven't seen the movie, but I have read the book (which is fantastic). I'm not sure that the movie would play as well, but I think you're kind of missing the point.

Never Let Me Go is a reflection on mortality and what it means to be human. There are plenty of stories out there about the underpriviliged rising up against their masters or trying to escape their lot in life, this just isn't one of them. And I don't find it at all difficult to believe that they wouldn't escape. I do get where you're coming from. I remember reading the book and thinking "just run away you idiots!" But if you've been brought up your whole life to fulfill a certain task, you're conditioned to carry it out. It's not like they're kidnapping young adults and forcing them into the program. Their whole lives have led up to their donations. They wouldn't even consider other options.

The Dark Knight Rises - 7.5/10

Watched it again (as I had to buy the Blu-Ray). Forget what I gave it before, but this seems pretty similar. I actually enjoyed it a lot more this time around than I did in the theatre. I was going to give it an 8, but there are still some plot holes that are a little too glaring at this point.

However, I read an interview with Nolan yesterday in which he indicated that there was a 202 (or 212) minute directors cut of the film. Although entirely too long, he said that this cut would explain the plot holes that angered many fans (expected to come out fall 2013).

saw the last hour or so of clerks 2... 1/1,000,000,000.  horrible, would not bother with the first half. no wonder the only person i've ever seen do anything outside of the original movie is kevin smith, everyone else is horrible at acting.

saw the last hour or so of clerks 2... 1/1,000,000,000.  horrible, would not bother with the first half. no wonder the only person i"ve ever seen do anything outside of the original movie is kevin smith, everyone else is horrible at acting.

The point wasn't missed, I just found it distasteful and rather untrue as a caricature of a human struggle. Of course people escape. Of course people rise up. The book may be different than the movie but since I have only seen the movie, I can only say that the movie was poorly done. As a fan of introspective movies, I was glad when it was over and was disappointed that I wasted time watching it. I suggest for you (out of kindness for your response) to avoid watching this movie and watch We Need To Talk About Kevin instead. Much better movie - 7.5/10.

I'm with you on that one. I love the original Clerks but the sequel was godawful. I can't believe that it got a standing ovation at Cannes. As for the actors (not including cameos) Rosario Dawson and Jason Mewes (as previously mentioned) still work, albeit not exactly on the same level of stardom. Kevin Smith apparently quit everything.

Archived