The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

He could also switch to wing, I think it would look kind of bad if Gillis trades him. 3 first round picks gone since he's been here and all of them are in the NHL...

Grabner

Hodgson

Schroeder if he trades him.

I don't really think MG cares what people think of him.

You know what Grabner and Hodgson are doing?

Helping their teams LOSE games. (lol. and a high lotto pick.....Damn thats helpful!)

He also traded for another prospect who is still in the NHL (Kassian).

He also signed an undrafted prospect who is still in the NHL (Tanev).

I think draft position matters more to fans/media than general managers.

Draft position might be indicative of potential and expectations, but at the end of the day

its all about performance and results.

I don't really think MG cares what people think of him.

You know what Grabner and Hodgson are doing?

Helping their teams LOSE games. (lol. and a high lotto pick.....Damn thats helpful!)

He also traded for another prospect who is still in the NHL (Kassian).

He also signed an undrafted prospect who is still in the NHL (Tanev).

I think draft position matters more to fans/media than general managers.

Draft position might be indicative of potential and expectations, but at the end of the day

its all about performance and results.

Hodgson has more even strength points then any Canuck and Grabner and Hodgson have more goals then any canuck... lol.....

You know what the Sedins are doing? Helping our team LOSE games.

Hodgson has more even strength points then any Canuck and Grabner and Hodgson have more goals then any canuck... lol.....

You know what the Sedins are doing? Helping our team LOSE games.

Well Hodgson and Grabner are on poor teams with poor rosters and getting more ice time than they would else where, both are minus players while Henrik is a plus 14....it makes a difference

I would like to bring up a compareable about a similar player with similar stats.

Brendan Gallagher 5'9 180lbs, same as Schroeder, but he plays with an edge and did with the Vancouver Giants. He put up 81pts in 72gp. Yet he was drafted in the 5th round.

This is exactly where someone this size should get taken, not the 1st round. Its worth a risk later on but to me you cant take such a small player with your 1st round pick.

I bring this up because Schroeder was taken in the 1st round by us, yet the following year we had a local kid, ssuper similar yet he plays with an edge and we dont take him in the 4th round?

This I dont get, I wish Schroeder all the best but I think it was a mistake to draft him, he slid in the draft for a reason, teams were worried about how he would hold up in the nhl with his size. Players that get into the hard areas drive to the net and are undersized like Gallagher are worth taking a shot on. He had 111 penalty minutes as well, plus it would have been very easy for us to scout him.

We see him producing well when given a shot, id say he drives harder to the net than probably anyone on our team. Maybe its our system and how we want players to play, instead of letting them play the style they are good at, being creative etc. It seems like we try to change the way players are drafted once we draft them, didnt we draft them knowing what their strengths were?

I remember watching Gallagher and now look, yet another Vancouver Giant we pass on is doing well in the League. Hell I bet Gallagher would look good with the sedins or on any of our top 3 lines, he plays hard and isnt afraid of going to the net.

Anyways,I guess im just not impressed when we took such a small player with our 1st pick when their were better options, later on in the draft I thnk is where you can take more of a risk on a smaller guy, but not in round 1

^ You have some good points, but a lot of these smaller guys have to play at an all-out offensive style of game. Defense isn't a consideration for them because they have to put up points to stay in the big leagues. That's never been Schroeder's game, as much as fans would like to see it. As long as AV is here I don't think you're ever going to see that happen.

threw up a little watching the tampa game before the canucks game. When Boucher said "i dont put young players in a position they arent comfortable with, if your a scorer you play with scorers if your a checker you check" <- paraphrased.

too bad vigneault doesnt feel the same way! schroeds had a good game though.

threw up a little watching the tampa game before the canucks game. When Boucher said "i dont put young players in a position they arent comfortable with, if your a scorer you play with scorers if your a checker you check" <- paraphrased.

too bad vigneault doesnt feel the same way! schroeds had a good game though.

I still cannot understand how the hell AV thinks it's better for Lapierre to play on the third line when Schroeder is far more capable offensively and even has better possession numbers than Lapierre... The issue is not preventing goals AV, but f**king scoring them!

I still cannot understand how the hell AV thinks it's better for Lapierre to play on the third line when Schroeder is far more capable offensively and even has better possession numbers than Lapierre... The issue is not preventing goals AV, but f**king scoring them!

No, preventing goals is still clearly an issue as well. AV's logic behind Lappy on the third line is that he's played with Higgins in the past, and they've played well together.

Agreed, what vision he showed in finding Weise! Then again, if he's not going to shoot I'd like to see him with higher-quality wingers, at least during the regular season, to really increase their scoring ability.

For the time being, I'd like the 2nd to be

Hansen - Schroeder - Raymond (both those wingers have been finishing well with big shots on the rush, and I think with more experience Jordan can learn to consistently get the puck to them in those spots)

Archived