#782 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Oh hai dere fellow HIMYM fans,

Just here to reply back to the Ted/Robin spoiler. I think this situation will someone come around to Robin/Ted/Barney leaving the group for a bit. Remember when Victoria said Ted cant move on because of Robin, and he said she was right but he hadnt come to realize it yet. SO, maybe Ted tells Robin he still loves her, but Robin still loves Barney, then the situation gets weird and those three go their seperate ways for a bit. I dunno, weird random thought I had last night while watching a random episode of...wait for it...HIMYM(surprising right? :P)

Reply away!

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#783 7thMan

7thMan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Did anybody else think that they were ripping off Community, a bit, with tonight's episode? Earlier this season Troy and Abed were having a housewarming party and they used a non-linear structure to explore the various parallel timelines. Both episodes jump around a lot and both have one song playing throughout.

#784 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,654 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Did anybody else think that they were ripping off Community, a bit, with tonight's episode? Earlier this season Troy and Abed were having a housewarming party and they used a non-linear structure to explore the various parallel timelines. Both episodes jump around a lot and both have one song playing throughout.

HIMYM is rarely linear in their episodes either. There is always a lot of jumping back and fourth between different events at different times and then at the end it all comes together. Season 2 Episode 3 is an example of that and there have been quite a few more as well. And it makes sense that the same song would be playing the entire time - because the whole episode was based on the same 5 minutes of the party.

Spoiler

Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#785 s_man422

s_man422

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Not a bad episode but i would expect more from the show with it being the third new episode in the last 2 months

#786 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

It was confusing as hell, didn't really like it. Doesn't pull up the emotions that How I Met Your Mother usually does. All in all, it wasn't that bad though, just not my taste.

#787 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

Didn't enjoy the episode last night.

Posted Image

#788 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Anyone else feel the last few episodes have been really lame/boring/not the typical How I Met Your Mother feel to them? The last good episode I remember watching was the second last one before Christmas Break I believe.

I miss the style they had in the earlier seasons where Robyn didn't look like an ugly lesbian, Barney had wicked, unusual schemes for being a womanizer and Lily & Marshall's witty clingy relationship.

I'm really hoping it picks up again in regards to being "haha funny." A good example of this is last night's Two and a Half Men. They went back to being blunt and were funny in a way that was obvious. I enjoyed the last couple episodes of 2.5 men than HIMYM a lot more.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

egpcw0.gif

#789 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

I've heard of this show before and seen some episodes but didn't really start watching from season one until a couple weeks back. I've been constantly watching a few episodes per day and every time it gets me laughing my ass off!!!

Favorite has to be Barney and my favorite episode is probably Slapsgiving and The Price is Right episode.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#790 messi4h

messi4h

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Anyone else feel the last few episodes have been really lame/boring/not the typical How I Met Your Mother feel to them?

same for me. it's just not funny anymore, i only watch it to see how it ends. and i really hope it ends soon :)

#791 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

I agree, I don't find it funny anymore.

I also agree with hockeyville in that I don't understand what the hell is going on with Robin's look. Robin was gorgeous in season 1, drop-dead gorgeous, and like someone else said, she looks like a lesbian now lol.

I find the show is trying to be all feel-good now instead of just the raw, ridiculous, vulgar humour that it used to have. Oh well.

RIP LB RR PD

#792 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,774 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah Robin looks pretty bad this season. Her hair and clothing are awful now.

I agree the show doesn't seem to be as funny or good as it once was.

Edited by Madness, 09 February 2012 - 01:12 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#793 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Difference between why Friends will always be considered a classic and one of the greats and why How I Met Your Mother are close to ruining themselves: When monica and chandler decided to have a family and move to the suburbs in the house, the show ended because what tied all 10 seasons together were the two apartments opposite each other and everyone always being at one of them. However, Lily and Marshall decide to move to the suburbs to have a family and the show still has a season and a half left. It just won't be the same as always being at Mclarens or at the apartment upstairs.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

egpcw0.gif

#794 7thMan

7thMan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Difference between why Friends will always be considered a classic and one of the greats and why How I Met Your Mother are close to ruining themselves: When monica and chandler decided to have a family and move to the suburbs in the house, the show ended because what tied all 10 seasons together were the two apartments opposite each other and everyone always being at one of them. However, Lily and Marshall decide to move to the suburbs to have a family and the show still has a season and a half left. It just won't be the same as always being at Mclarens or at the apartment upstairs.

Apparently one of the show's writers said that Lily and Marshall living in the suburbs won't last long.

Edited by 7thMan, 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#795 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,733 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hockeyville must be pleased with how Kevin left the show tonight...

#796 Minion

Minion

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Just watched tonight's ep. Love where Barney's storyline is going!
Posted Image

#797 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sigh...more drama between Ted and Robin. Can't wait to see where Barney goes along with this though.

#798 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,654 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hockeyville must be pleased with how Kevin left the show tonight...

Kevin is gone, Kevin is gone, Kevin is GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Finally a funny episode. I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

And just in case Cobie Smulders is on CDC (hey she's a Canucks fan, it could happen!) : girl you need to eat a timbit...or 12. Like seriously put on some weight and start dressing nice again. And grow your hair longer. You're wasting your beautiful looks.

That's a really good point. By the time they moved and Monica had a kid the series was ending.
I hope that the baby doesn't change the dynamic of the group too much. And I hope they move back to the city soon too. The burbs just ain't working for them
Posted Image

#799 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

If Ted and Robin end up together again it will be REALLY disappointing. They need to start moving the story along a little bit more, and having Ted and Robin again as a couple will not help with that. Anyone think that the mother gets introduced at some point during this season?

Thanks VC for the sig.

#800 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Used to love this show. Lately, it sucks. Dissapointed.

#801 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

If Ted and Robin end up together again it will be REALLY disappointing. They need to start moving the story along a little bit more, and having Ted and Robin again as a couple will not help with that. Anyone think that the mother gets introduced at some point during this season?

For the love of god I hope so

Posted Image

#802 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

For the love of god I hope so

Posted Image

#803 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

I don't even watch the show anymore, I just come to CDC every now and then to see what is going on. Was a huge fan for the first few seasons. I want to know how it ends, but not want to spend the time watching how we get there.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#804 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

ARGH.
I guess we all should ahve seen Ted and Robin coming. After what Victoria said to Ted I think it was sort of inevitable. They need to be together at least one more time for them to finally be over with it. The mother needs to come in to the picture SOON. At least start dropping more hints, I feel like this show is starting to just go in circles.

#805 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

double post

Edited by ckamo, 14 February 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#806 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

It seems like the show have a few episodes that don't really move the story along, and then in one episode they try to fit so much in!!!

#807 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'll reply back what I thought about the episode later on today, I just wanted to point out something I saw on tumblr today...
Posted Image
Does anyone see anything AWESOME in this picture? Top right corner in the newspaper...
Hahaha, you know you're awesome when you're reading about yourself on your own show. :lol:

Edited by CanucksRuleAll, 15 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#808 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,654 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

^ yeah that made me lol
I like how the show is really personal - like they have Cobie's fiancee, Alyson's husband, and Neil's husband all appearing in episodes. I think that's kinda cool.

They also had this gag in episode 6x13
Posted Image
Posted Image

#809 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

omgz robin was smoking omg :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

but in all seriousness this show is starting to steadily decline
Posted Image

#810 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

I loved this episode. Loved loved loved. It was sooo sad! Hockeyville maaaay not be so happy about it...

Spoiler

Edited by CanucksRuleAll, 20 February 2012 - 08:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.