The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

Loved Barney and Robin's dance. I swear, if NPH wasn't gay he'd have all the women in the world (myself included) swooning at him. He really is a handsome and multi-talented guy! I was bummed about the ending of the 2nd epi for sure. Was really hoping that if an ex was gonna be back in Ted's life it'd be either Robin or Stella.

Straight men can't dance like that :lol:

Ted Mosby has had little to no progression throughout the series seven years. He is, however, marvellous at stalling. Introducing an old flame to ignite sparks in his love life is a temporary fix. A comparison could easily be made between a child and a lollypop. Barney has something that Ted doesn't.

The only drawbacks to this series is the level of acting both Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris bring to this show. Both of those men are brilliant actors. I also find the relationship between Barney and Wendy to be more entertaining than any relationship Ted has been involved in.

Ted Mosby has had little to no progression throughout the series seven years. He is, however, marvellous at stalling. Introducing an old flame to ignite sparks in his love life is a temporary fix. A comparison could easily be made between a child and a lollypop. Barney has something that Ted doesn't.

The only drawbacks to this series is the level of acting both Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris bring to this show. Both of those men are brilliant actors. I also find the relationship between Barney and Wendy to be more entertaining than any relationship Ted has been involved in.

yeah it's funny because Ted is supposed to be the focal point of the show but i think if the writers could do it over again they may have opted to make either marshall or (most likely) Barney the main protagonist. Barney is an addicting character. I now find myself frequently saying the phrases "Legendary" and "Awesome" and even "SUIT UP!" even though i'm not a guy lol. Josh Radnor seems to be a very one dimensional actor whereas Jason Segal and NPH are just phenomenal at any type of performance. I heard a rumour though that Jason Segal wants to leave the show because he feels his character has nowhere to go and there will be no challenging or fun storylines for him. I hope it's not true. Barney and Marshall are what make HIMYM what it is

Some news on a character for this season. I'll put as a spoiler in case but I don't think it is.

The Slutty Pumpkin will return in a Halloween episode next month.

Forgive us, Tom Cruise, but we're just reporting the facts: Katie Holmes is a Slutty Pumpkin. Or, to be precise, Vulture has learned exclusively that Mrs. Cruise has agreed to play a promiscuous Jack-O-Lantern next month on a special Halloween episode of How I Met Your Mother. In case you're not up to speed on your HIMYM lore, the Slutty Pumpkin is a character first referenced early on during the show's freshman season — a potential love interest Ted met at a Halloween party one year but then lost touch with. Earlier this month, creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays revealed to us that the character would finally be unmasked this season but couldn't yet say who would be playing the part. Now that said pumpkin has been found, Thomas is psyched: "Katie is a lovely and talented actress, which is why we've saved for her perhaps the most classily named character in our show's history," he says, adding that the role was "literally six seasons in the making." Holmes, whose last role on a weekly TV series was a guest turn on ABC's Eli Stone back in 2008, will next be seen in the upcoming Adam Sandler feature Jack and Jill.

http://nymag.com/dai...i_met_your.html

yeah it's funny because Ted is supposed to be the focal point of the show but i think if the writers could do it over again they may have opted to make either marshall or (most likely) Barney the main protagonist. Barney is an addicting character. I now find myself frequently saying the phrases "Legendary" and "Awesome" and even "SUIT UP!" even though i'm not a guy lol. Josh Radnor seems to be a very one dimensional actor whereas Jason Segal and NPH are just phenomenal at any type of performance. I heard a rumour though that Jason Segal wants to leave the show because he feels his character has nowhere to go and there will be no challenging or fun storylines for him. I hope it's not true. Barney and Marshall are what make HIMYM what it is

I thought though that BECAUSE Ted is supposed to be the focal point (or rather his love life), they can't develop it too much or they will have revealed the Mother before the series is over (and I am doubting now that they will until the series finale). Because there's no big secret they are trying to hide with Marshall and Barney's lives, they are free to evolve and be awesome.

I thought though that BECAUSE Ted is supposed to be the focal point (or rather his love life), they can't develop it too much or they will have revealed the Mother before the series is over (and I am doubting now that they will until the series finale). Because there's no big secret they are trying to hide with Marshall and Barney's lives, they are free to evolve and be awesome.

It would be a poor decision to wait until the series finale for a reveal. I mean if that late, what would be the point. Simply giving her a face wouldn't mean anything, and wouldn't offer any kind of closure. I think the viewers would at the very least want to get to know her, with explanations for all their small hints and close encounters.

The show's creators would have to be mighty stupid to let it end on that.

It would be a poor decision to wait until the series finale for a reveal. I mean if that late, what would be the point. Simply giving her a face wouldn't mean anything, and wouldn't offer any kind of closure. I think the viewers would at the very least want to get to know her, with explanations for all their small hints and close encounters.

The show's creators would have to be mighty stupid to let it end on that.

I would agree with you on that, but at the rate it's going now...I'm starting to lose faith.

yeah they need to get a move on

at this rate it's going to be so anti-climactic when the mother is revealed that it'll just be a huge letdown

if they want to make the revelation worth it they're gonna have to spend a great deal of time allowing the audience to really warm up to the character

i agree that they can't have Ted be the focal point without revealing the mother but i also get the feeling that the show's core is Marshall, Barney, and Robin - they are the ones who are given the more challenging scenes and they are the ones who bring a dynamic energy to the show. Ted and Lily are pretty boring and are just there as supporting cast. i think it's a reflection of Josh Radnor's abilities as an actor - his character is essentially the same as it was in season 1. All the others have grown up, gone through challenges, etc. I'm not saying Radnor is a bad actor - i really like him and i think a real life Ted would be a very sweet guy - but he's just not as adaptable as the others

Archived