The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attn: Invalid Sources

b3.

He's talking big deal. Guess we'll find out?

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Nash is very close to being traded to the #Flyers. The story involves SEVERAL big name players. Will have names tonight. NOT a done deal YET

Yeah it's kinda hard to make a call on the source. He says he worked for 4 NHL teams, but there's nothing to back that up. If you decide to remain anonymous, no one can verify your credentials really until you appear as a source on a legit media site, not just Twitter.

Posts like this: "For the #Flyers reporters/fans that follow me: Heard anything about Jeff Carter affair with Hartnell's wife?? #Rumor" leave me skeptical for sure.

I think for now I'd say no to using it as a source. Not until we have something to back it up as legitimate.

• 3 weeks later...

@HockeyyInsiderr Should be removed from the list, he has got alot of things right, I could go through credentials if you want, but since I've been following he has broke pretty much everything before TSN.

Agreed, he nailed Prust to Montreal and Penner to LA, among a few others. And if what he says about Parise is true, I don't see why he should still be kept on the invalid list.

From Twitter:

DarrenDreger

Not sure who's reporting...maybe @Eklund , but Brian Burke couldn't be more emphatic in saying Toronto is NOT in on Nash. As you were...

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

Not to beat a dead horse but can we use this as proof to remove Eklund as a reliable source?

Yeah it's kinda hard to make a call on the source. He says he worked for 4 NHL teams, but there's nothing to back that up. If you decide to remain anonymous, no one can verify your credentials really until you appear as a source on a legit media site, not just Twitter.

Posts like this: "For the #Flyers reporters/fans that follow me: Heard anything about Jeff Carter affair with Hartnell's wife??

#Rumor" leave me skeptical for sure.

I think for now I'd say no to using it as a source. Not until we have something to back it up as legitimate.

Umm.......Eklund is anonymous, and btw no one seems to know his sources, strange.

Also Eklund has been brutal these last couple weeks. Infact DD from TSN kinda makes fun of him on tsn.ca

More, and more I think someone from the moderators team has ties to Ek. The way some mods defend him is just insane.

From Twitter:

DarrenDreger

Not sure who's reporting...maybe @Eklund , but Brian Burke couldn't be more emphatic in sayi

ng Toronto is NOT in on Nash. As you were...

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

Not to beat a dead horse but can we use this as proof to remove Eklund as a reliable source?

Lol

I guess you type faster. Anyway your post is bang on sir.

Umm.......Eklund is anonymous, and btw no one seems to know his sources, strange.

Also Eklund has been brutal these last couple weeks. Infact DD from TSN kinda makes fun of him on tsn.ca

More, and more I think someone from the moderators team has ties to Ek. The way some mods defend him is just insane.

The problem is you aren't addressing what I said in it's entirety.

"Yeah it's kinda hard to make a call on the source. He says he worked for 4 NHL teams, but there's nothing to back that up. If you decide to remain anonymous, no one can verify your credentials really until you appear as a source on a legit media site, not just Twitter."

Like it or not Eklund has appeared on Sportsnet and on other Sports Radio shows and is working with other legitimate hockey guys like Andy Strickland. Darren Dreger in the past has praised Eklund and now he's going the other direction.

No mod has any ties to anyone from the media as far as I know.

With social media sites it's very difficult to know if someone is legitimate unless they have some tie to a legitimate media outlet.

The problem is you aren't addressing what I said in it's entirety.

Like it or not Eklund has appeared on Sportsnet and on other Sports Radio shows and is working with other legitimate hockey guys like Andy Strickland. Darren Dreger in the past has praised Eklund and now he's going the other direction.

No mod has any ties to anyone from the media as far as I know.

With social media sites it's very difficult to know if someone is legitimate unless they have some tie to a legitimate media outlet.

Fair enough.

@ hockeyyinsiderr makes up too much bull at times

he's been calling Parise to Pittsburgh for days and days saying he's going to decide today, today, by tonight.

if he nails it, he'll go nuts and brags and say oh thanks to my followers for believing me.

if he doesn't, he'll ignore it.

Pittsburgh probably has the higher chance than Minny of landing ZP

Of course I can keep on saying the same

Russo just blasted him, if you guys follow him go check it out

& I might agree with Russo. where suter signs, Parise will then sign. Suter signs in Minny, Parise goes to Minny. Suter goes to Detroit, ZP Pittsburgh. ZP did say that he wants to play with Suter if possible, but I don't see it happening.

With Parise and Suter both going to the Wild and Hockeyy Insiderr incorrectly predicting that Suter would go to the Wings and Parise to the Pens, Hockeyy Insiderr deserves to remain on the list for now at least.

With Parise and Suter both going to the Wild and Hockeyy Insiderr incorrectly predicting that Suter would go to the Wings and Parise to the Pens, Hockeyy Insiderr deserves to remain on the list for now at least.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

I don't even care if mainstream media acknoledges me when Parise announces #Pens signing tomorrow. The important thing is my followers know.

Archived