The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attn: Invalid Sources

b3.

• 2 weeks later...

HockeyyInsiderr is a complete fraud. He has been caught lying several times and the 'proof' he shows is merely information available to anyone so motivated to find it. Consider him entertainment in a hockey news starved time. Anonymous 'insiders' are a dime a dozen. That said, HW has shown to be credible over the past decade from now defunct websites (CC).

HockeyyInsiderr is a complete fraud. He has been caught lying several times and the 'proof' he shows is merely information available to anyone so motivated to find it. Consider him entertainment in a hockey news starved time. Anonymous 'insiders' are a dime a dozen. That said, HW has shown to be credible over the past decade from now defunct websites (CC).

I think his name is Alexandre Desautels, but I'm only basing this on the fact that an administrator with the same name is on vestiaire.ca, a website which he claimed he was a contributor for on his twitter biography for a while. The same Alexandre Desautels is following hockeyyinsiderr on twitter, so I think this could be the guy. I did a quick check on Facebook/LinkedIn and he appears to be an IT guy.. But he did answer a few hockey related questions on his Facebook.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Flame me if need be, but this is an HONEST question (really REALLY not trying to be a jerk)...

Why do we dictate what we can and can not post because they're from specific places?

Isnt this a message board, where people post things, then people talk about them?

I would think as long as you site the source, it shouldn't matter if its reputable or some new nobody.

You guys seem like taking two minutes to look at an non-reputable topic is a waste of your very existence (same with repeated threads). If youre spending all day on CDC anyway, what does it matter if you read something you dont believe?

Heck, you could still probably have a slightly meaningful conversation about "what-ifs", that is, if you weren't so busy brow beating people for posting something.

If it isnt cruel, harassment, inappropriate or offensive, why do we care what it is?

I guess i don't understand why were so strict about what we post. Is the internet going to run out of room or something? =P

Flame me if need be, but this is an HONEST question (really REALLY not trying to be a jerk)...

Why do we dictate what we can and can not post because they're from specific places?

Isnt this a message board, where people post things, then people talk about them?

I would think as long as you site the source, it shouldn't matter if its reputable or some new nobody.

You guys seem like taking two minutes to look at an non-reputable topic is a waste of your very existence (same with repeated threads). If youre spending all day on CDC anyway, what does it matter if you read something you dont believe?

Heck, you could still probably have a slightly meaningful conversation about "what-ifs", that is, if you weren't so busy brow beating people for posting something.

If it isnt cruel, harassment, inappropriate or offensive, why do we care what it is?

I guess i don't understand why were so strict about what we post. Is the internet going to run out of room or something? =P

Simple, here's an example; if an invalid source says the Sedins have been traded for Crosby and Malkin, and a legit source says the trade never happened, do you believe the invalid source is right, or the legit source? Common sense says believe the legit source is right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After watching the video of the Mike Gillis media scrum on the first page and then reading the way that Jason Botchford and the Province tried to spin it into a negative 'ultimatum' melodrama-I'd like to nominate the Vancouver Province for the consideration of the editorial staff here for inclusion to the 'invalid sources' list.

I think they've earned their inclusion to the list the old fashioned way; through years of irresponsible and relentlessly negative and sensational team coverage.

After watching the video of the Mike Gillis media scrum on the first page and then reading the way that Jason Botchford and the Province tried to spin it into a negative 'ultimatum' melodrama-I'd like to nominate the Vancouver Province for the consideration of the editorial staff here for inclusion to the 'invalid sources' list.

I think they've earned their inclusion to the list the old fashioned way; through years of irresponsible and relentlessly negative and sensational team coverage.

I agree the province should not be above anyone on the boards here their articles are blatant trolling ala Jason BOTCHford.I mean frack I can go to McDonald's tomorrow and read their crappy sports section for free.......far from credible if you ask me.

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly I don't see why Eklund should be placed on the invalid list. He does link back to a member of the media so I can see why the mods have him on there. So I don't see any reason for you guys to have any problems with that and if you don't want to see Eklund rumors don't come here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly I don't see why Eklund should be placed on the invalid list. He does link back to a member of the media so I can see why the mods have him on there. So I don't see any reason for you guys to have any problems with that and if you don't want to see Eklund rumors don't come here

Actually you are quite wrong. If you want Eklund's rumours, go to Eklund,

• 1 month later...

Archived