The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Hassli was in Rennie's dog house. He was not starting him that often, despite his only 2 goals this year were GWG.

Mattocks is our top scorer and Rennie decided to start his teenage idol Miller. I think Rennie is just a giant fan of Robson and Miller. Makes sense. He grew up watching them in Scotland.

Robson is the best Whitecap by a good margin I'd say.. I'm not a big fan of the picking up Miller at Hassli's expense though.

• Upvote 1

i agree with Le Toux, but Hassli no longer had a place on this team. Chummy..well...it would be nice to have him

Really? We can really use a guy who was in top 10 of goals scored last year, and alone averages 2 shots on target a game. 'Caps are averaging under 1 shots on target in last 5 games.

Another frustrating game. Didn't like Rennie's exclusion of Mattocks from the starting 11. Didn't like Rennie subbing out Robson for Watson. It's a 0-0 game, most important match of the season, and you want to start packing the box and playing D? That's a joke. It just doesn't seem like the team is gelling right now, there have been so many bad passes/decisions with the ball and we hand back possession to the opponent. I hope they can get out of this slump, if that's what you call it, at home now. They can't afford to lose anymore games.

Really? We can really use a guy who was in top 10 of goals scored last year, and alone averages 2 shots on target a game. 'Caps are averaging under 1 shots on target in last 5 games.

Hassli became a demonstrative cry baby every time he didn't get a call. How many times did he sit on his ass in the box with his hands in the air waiting for a call while the play was going on around him? Bad attitude, good riddance.

As for last nights game, how do you not start Mattocks ffs? Reffing was pretty bad. The non call on Miller when he got tackled from behind on a breakaway in the box was unforgivable. So many calls are given on obvious dives and embellishment and they let an absolutely clear cut call like that go. Just makes you shake your head and change the channel.

I didn't watch the game, nor do i plan on watching the pvr. So did we actually have some guys injured or whats the reason for Harvey and Thorrington starting.. They are marginal players and when i see them in the lineup i automatically get the sense were playing for a draw. I understand were on the road but god damn Dallas isn't that good of a team and quite frankly in the biggest game of the year to see a lineup like that was puzzling..well so is just about every other move this team has made of late. Mattocks is the only god damn player that can score on this team but i guess when your paying an old scot 1.2 million you have to start him.. i dno why camilo wasn't in the mid like he usually is... oh wait typical Rennie play for a ???? draw on the road every ???? game and of coarse we blow it in the end.

5 game losing streak is apparently even longer than what we had last season if you can believe it.

Hassli became a demonstrative cry baby every time he didn't get a call. How many times did he sit on his ass in the box with his hands in the air waiting for a call while the play was going on around him? Bad attitude, good riddance.

As for last nights game, how do you not start Mattocks ffs? Reffing was pretty bad. The non call on Miller when he got tackled from behind on a breakaway in the box was unforgivable. So many calls are given on obvious dives and embellishment and they let an absolutely clear cut call like that go. Just makes you shake your head and change the channel.

What bad attitude? He was loved in the locker room, and even if he did have a bad attitude, his presence alone would create chances for other players, something Miller is just not doing right now. But I agree with your Mattocks point.

Of the last 3 times Mattocks has been able to play, Rennie has decided to bring him off the bench...WHY?! He's our leading scorer!

That was a tough game to watch. Horrible penalty given against the Caps and no call on the obvious tackle from behinds by Dallas... (although if you watch the replay carefully, the foul occurred just outside the box) Six minutes of TAO????

Am I the only one who was getting sick of watching Camillo trying to dribble through the entire Dallas defense every single time he had possession?

That was a tough game to watch. Horrible penalty given against the Caps and no call on the obvious tackle from behinds by Dallas... (although if you watch the replay carefully, the foul occurred just outside the box) Six minutes of TAO????

Am I the only one who was getting sick of watching Camillo trying to dribble through the entire Dallas defense every single time he had possession?

To be fair, who is open? He had great chemistry with Hassli, and that is all gone now. Him and Miller just do not work well together.

Still absolutely idiotic, that Miller and Mattocks has not played together yet as strikers. Mattock's speed can actually get Miller some space. Ugh Rennie has done an AWFUL job at times this year

Mattocks is starting tomorrow, not sure about Knighton but he deserves it.

Rennie has confirmed Knighton's start on whitecapsfc.com. An article there also mentions that Mattocks "... is likely to start." He'd better start! Leading scorer doesn't belong on the bench!

Edited by Hugemanskost

Ah, I guess I reversed the two. There will be much griping if Mattocks doesn't start. The top scorer and best young player in the MLS shouldn't be a sub.

I agree, SN! I really like Mattocks, but, he, Koffie and Richards are total hotheads. 24 yellows between them. If they can stay on the field, they will help. Speaking of Richards, he seems to have packed it in since agreeing to terms with Burnley.