1057 replies to this topic

#991 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Don't guess...just wait for the movie to come out.

Hopefully, it won't be directed by M. Night Shyamalan or we may see some plot twists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qhvo9N40uQ

Edited by WeatherWise, 26 July 2012 - 03:47 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#992 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

They could technically be telling the truth, since this was a CIA mission, and not a DoD one...and FOI's may not be applicable to classified CIA documents.

It was a CIA-led mission that involved numerous agencies, including the DoD.

But in any case, the DoD declared that both they and the CIA conducted DNA tests, yet the DoD is now unable to locate the results or conduction of such a test.

DNA [deoxyribonucleic acid] analysis conducted separately by Department of Defense and CIA labs has positively identified Osama bin Laden. DNA samples collected from his body were compared to a comprehensive DNA profile derived from bin Laden’s large extended family. Based on that analysis, the DNA is unquestionably his. The possibility of a mistaken identity on the basis of this analysis is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion.

http://www.globalsec...10507-dod01.htm

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#993 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm glad the article clearly stated its slant by talking about explosives bringing down the twin towers. Otherwise I might have taken me a few minutes to realise the articel was conspiracy BS.

#994 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm glad the article clearly stated its slant by talking about explosives bringing down the twin towers. Otherwise I might have taken me a few minutes to realise the articel was conspiracy BS.

As have you.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#995 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

there is no one left to help us in australia fight the people from , THE SHIRE .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#996 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

It was a CIA-led mission that involved numerous agencies, including the DoD.

But in any case, the DoD declared that both they and the CIA conducted DNA tests, yet the DoD is now unable to locate the results or conduction of such a test.

Is it fair to say that DoD could have handed their results to the CIA in order to avoid FOI requests?

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#997 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Lp
GO Canucks GO

#998 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Bin Laden was the main camera man in the hollywood studio filiming the moon landing.
Posted Image

#999 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Is it fair to say that DoD could have handed their results to the CIA in order to avoid FOI requests?

They could have I suppose, but this would only add to the virulent stench. What we know for certain is that the DoD performed DNA tests and cannot locate the tests or the results.

I suppose it goes back to the same set of rhetorical questions:

Does the US government repeatedly lie?
Does the US media repeatedly lie?
Are the CIA/DoD honest, trustworthy and forthright entities?
Who told you bin Laden was killed in a raid?

**RETIRED...**

#1000 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Bin Laden was the main camera man in the hollywood studio filiming the moon landing.

Which bin Laden?

Posted Image

**RETIRED...**

#1001 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

They could have I suppose, but this would only add to the virulent stench. What we know for certain is that the DoD performed DNA tests and cannot locate the tests or the results.

I suppose it goes back to the same set of rhetorical questions:

Who told you bin Laden was killed in a raid?

Sure, it could stink of a gov't using a legal loophole in order to withhold classified information from the public.

But, how does that allow one to make the logical leap that they didn't kill him?

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1002 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Me too - I'd have just hated to have to read the entire BS conspiracy blarney in order to ascertain that. :)

I'd have +d you too, but I'm all out.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 26 July 2012 - 05:26 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#1003 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Sure, it could stink of a gov't using a legal loophole in order to withhold classified information from the public.

But, how does that allow one to make the logical leap that they didn't kill him?

I'd be curious to know the answer to that one too.

#1004 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

---- dp

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 26 July 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#1005 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

You conspiracy theorist jack-in-apes should seriously get a grip and while you're at it, a clue.
Posted Image

#1006 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

If it was classified information it typically would not be subject to FOIA requests or releases and if even it were it could be easily and swiftly denied since the information is classified (until if/when it becomes declassified). Furthermore, the US government since I believe 2009 has the ability to classy documents and information upon receiving FOIA requests for 'National Security reasons', so the DoD need not even give any documents or information to the CIA if the issue is classification and avoiding FOIA requests.

The ones saying he was killed are consistent liars and have produced no evidence. If you choose to take their word, then so be it.

I don't believe I am the one making any leaps in logic here.

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 26 July 2012 - 05:35 PM.

**RETIRED...**

#1007 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

You conspiracy theorist jack-in-apes should seriously get a grip and while you're at it, a clue.

That's a very compelling argument.

**RETIRED...**

#1008 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Which bin Laden?

Posted Image

lol.

If I told you I would have to kill ya.
Posted Image

#1009 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

That's a very compelling argument.

I'm not going to waste my time on a well thought out argument to use against someone who would be better suited in a mental ward in a straightjacket with tinfoil on their heads.
Posted Image

#1010 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

As have you.

I did it long before that post. I heavily and repeatedly criticise conspiracy theories and the people who promote them.

Of course they lie. But you seem to think that you're the only one that realises this, and you also think that because they lie (as all governments and large organisations will do) that gives you some special insight as to what they lie about. And you also seem to think that the fact that large organisations lie gives them a far reaching agenda that only you and people who think like you can understand. Basically you had a huge overreaction when you first realised that the world wasn't the nice place you thought it was when you were a child, and went to the extreme opposite of naivete which is called paranoid. I hope you recover eventually.

Edited by butters, 26 July 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#1011 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Me too - I'd have just hated to have to read the entire BS conspiracy blarney in order to ascertain that. :)

I'd have +d you too, but I'm all out.

I know the how you feel my friend , bloody sharpy ! :lol:

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 26 July 2012 - 05:41 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#1012 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

I did it long before that post. I heavily and repeatedly criticise conspiracy theories and the people who promote them.

Congratulations?

Of course they lie. But you seem to think that you're the only one that realises this, and you also think that because they lie (as all governments and large organisations will do) that gives you some special insight as to what they lie about. And you also seem to think that the fact that large organisations lie gives them a far reaching agenda that only you and people who think like you can understand. Basically you had a huge overreaction when you first realised that the world wasn't the nice place you thought it was when you were a child, and went to the extreme opposite of naivete which is called paranoid. I hope you recover eventually.

Like I said, if you wish to readily believe information from consistent liars then this is your prerogative.

**RETIRED...**

#1013 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm not going to waste my time on a well thought out argument to use against someone who would be better suited in a mental ward in a straightjacket with tinfoil on their heads.

Yes you have demonstrated on numerous occasions how you'd much prefer wasting your time attacking peoples' mental health as arguments and then be on your way.

**RETIRED...**

#1014 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

...on the grassy knoll.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1015 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

If it was classified information it typically would not be subject to FOIA requests or releases and if even it were it could be easily and swiftly denied since the information is classified (until if/when it becomes declassified). Furthermore, the US government since I believe 2009 has the ability to classy documents and information upon receiving FOIA requests for 'National Security reasons', so the DoD need not even give any documents or information to the CIA if the issue is classification and avoiding FOIA requests.

The ones saying he was killed are consistent liars and have produced no evidence. If you choose to take their word, then so be it.

I don't believe I am the one making any leaps in logic here.

But aren't you the one promoting the idea that Osama wasn't killed in a raid, because there's no photographic evidence of it?

And in the link you originally provided you wrote this:

Pentagon Admits No Evidence of Bin Laden's Death

when in fact, the title of the article you linked to was:

Pentagon admits it has no photo evidence of Bin Laden's death

http://digitaljourna...4#ixzz21llcdT80

The DoD never said that they had 'photo' evidence of his death. In fact from the link that you provided, they explicitly tell you what evidence they did have to know it was him:

I’ll start by briefly reviewing how we confirmed bin Laden’s identity.

First, one of the women of the compound identified him to the assault team as Osama bin Laden.

Second, using facial recognition methods, CIA [Central Intelligence Agency] specialists compared photos of the body to known photos of bin Laden and were able to determine with 95 percent certainty that the body was his. This process relies on points of similarity of unique facial features, including the shape and size of an individual’s eyes, ears, and nose.

Third, DNA [deoxyribonucleic acid] analysis conducted separately by Department of Defense and CIA labs has positively identified Osama bin Laden. DNA samples collected from his body were compared to a comprehensive DNA profile derived from bin Laden’s large extended family. Based on that analysis, the DNA is unquestionably his. The possibility of a mistaken identity on the basis of this analysis is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion. (Laughter.) I’ll let you count the zeroes. (Laughter.)

Fourth, from our initial review of the materials, we assessed that much of this information, including personal correspondence between Osama bin Laden and others, as well as some of the video footage you will see today, would only have been in his possession.

Finally, al Qaeda released its own statement yesterday acknowledging the death of bin Laden. We expected that al Qaeda would issue a statement after his death, but it is noteworthy that the group did not announce a new leader, suggesting it is still trying to deal with bin Laden’s demise.

It’s also noteworthy that they acknowledged his death came in Pakistan. In the past, they have tried to obscure the reality of their presence in that country.

http://www.globalsec...10507-dod01.htm

So, there could have been 100 requests by the AP....and the DoD would very obviously not have been able to provide them 'photographic' evidence....since it's very clear that they don't have any.

Would you say that's not a more fair and logical assessment of the situation, and that it makes sense why they're saying they don't have any photos, moreso, than a conspiracy to keep the 'photo' from the public, or even moreso unbelievable that they faked his death and that they didn't really kill him?

Edited by Sharpshooter, 26 July 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#1016 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yes you have demonstrated on numerous occasions how you'd much prefer wasting your time attacking peoples' mental health as arguments and then be on your way.

If the "crazy shoe" fits, wear it.
Posted Image

#1017 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,243 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

If the "crazy shoe" fits, wear it.

If it wasn't for the conspiracy theorists being crazy we would have nothing to agree about!

#1018 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

If it wasn't for the conspiracy theorists being crazy we would have nothing to agree about!

Wait a sec...we agree on something? Hold on...let me check my phone...yes..it's a message from Satan...hell has indeed frozen over. ;)
Posted Image

#1019 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#1020 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.