The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

I think a lot of Canucks fans and most definitely the media were really impressed with Nashville as a hockey market and as a city last year.

They were just gushing about what a great place it was to cover the game, I guess flying in for a night in the regular season is a lot different than spending a whole series there and getting to know the vibe of the city.

It was the one series where I couldn't get a "hate on" for the opponent because I just liked them so much... coach/players/fans all folks that are too easy to like.

(of course that will not stop me from hoping that Gillis tries to steal Weber from you guys this summer....)

Predguy:

I've kept an eye on the Preds for years as I always marvelled how Trotz could ice a competitive team with an internal CAP that saw his stars walk. Those days appear to be gone so these playoffs will see the most competitve roster the Preds have ever iced. The Preds are a team who could build through a CUP run. My concern would be the Russians. As a rule I find their team play to be devisive. There are some good exceptions but the Preds don't have any of them.

I call this series in favour of the Preds.

It'll be a tough one, but I personally could potentially see the Preds winning against the Wings in 7. They've made it past one round now, so their experience level is increasing, and with Radulov, they have some offense too now.

• 3 weeks later...

well here we are, second round hockey. still stunned we aren't facing you guys this round or next. from a pure predator viewpoint i'm glad we aren't because of how difficult it would be and how good your teaam is, but that doesn't change the fact i'm still surprised and disappointed for you guys with such a passionate fanbase.

stand with us if i might ask. we need the moral support.

Not a problem, I like the Preds team and will be pulling for ya against a pretty diehard Coyotes team. Will be tough (although a little safer with googly-eyes in the press box serving his suspension) but I predict you guys come out ahead........of the Western conference to be exact.

I'll definitely be hoping the Preds are the team that comes out of the west. The limited coverage that NHL gets on tv here in Australia across the season often features the Preds and I've come to appreciate their team (although those awful gold jerseys is another topic...).

There was a time when I dreaded watching a Preds game because of the boring, defensive game style they played but the more I have learned about the game, the more I understand why Trotz implemented that game style. Finally the Preds are prepared to spend some cash! They have some great players like Rinne, Suter, Weber and Fisher and with the acquisition of Gaustad, Gill and AK46 to add to the improved Erat and Hornqvist I think there is some real excitement at Nashville, rightly so too. The Radulov thing I don't necessarily agree with but the NHL have allowed it so good luck to them.

Personally I hope the Preds win the Cup. I'd love to see someone like Trotz rewarded with the ultimate prize and maybe the organisation as a whole will recognise that having an NHL franchise is about selling a winning product and that spending money on doing so is an investment in the game and it's franchise, not a mere expense in running a business. I'll be cheering the Preds on from afar here in Oz. Good luck mate, hope your team takes the Cup.

well here we are, second round hockey. still stunned we aren't facing you guys this round or next. from a pure predator viewpoint i'm glad we aren't because of how difficult it would be and how good your teaam is, but that doesn't change the fact i'm still surprised and disappointed for you guys with such a passionate fanbase.

Archived