The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone else kind of disappointed that CDC has no coverage of the Wolves AT ALL?

Look on the Oilers' site. They have a writer covering the Barons for each game. Heck they even have game previews. Come on now, what is this? :sadno:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think that the Wolves should sign Byron Bitz and dump Desbiens? I know Bitz screwed up in the playoffs but over only 10 games in the regular season he got 4 points and showed some decent offensive prowess. He's also more physical and better in all aspects of the game than Guillaume.

I don't like that the Canucks didn't try to re-sign him and I think he could have been given a better shot.

Does anyone else think that the Wolves should sign Byron Bitz and dump Desbiens? I know Bitz screwed up in the playoffs but over only 10 games in the regular season he got 4 points and showed some decent offensive prowess. He's also more physical and better in all aspects of the game than Guillaume.

I don't like that the Canucks didn't try to re-sign him and I think he could have been given a better shot.

Buffalo's affiliate is Rochester Americans...but Mancari regardless is struggling hard this year with only 3 goals when he had 25+ last season with the Wolves. Mancari is a predicament which is very interesting. Has the solid built and rough demeanor that could provide grit and toughness and chip in the odd goal. But this guy is another flake...looks tough but is far from it. Mancari was just a redundant player once Kassian was brought and Kassian is a tougher, more skilled and younger version and because Mancari rarely brough toughness which was sorely needed last year in Chicago, he got vetoed.

Now you may argue look how offensively inept the team is right now...well no one could have anticipated Haydar, Ebbett and co would be struggling so poorly to this point.

If we are looking at players to bring back and make a difference then we should be talking about Mancari.........in fact I don't know why we let that guy go, I still think he might have worked in the Canucks 3rd/4th line.

As for Bitz.......imo no.

Was just thinking that the Wolves (and/or Kalamanzoo) are going to get an influx of prospect defenseman come April-ish.

I'm guessing Tanev is the only D they will lose if lockout ends. Jeremy Price is in his final college yr and will need a Canucks contract in April. If McNally can't find another college, he'll need a Canucks contract soon. And Corrado will join the Wolves in April (Doesn't even take into account Henrik Tommernes) Anyone know what the Canucks contract # is at, under 50?

Was just thinking that the Wolves (and/or Kalamanzoo) are going to get an influx of prospect defenseman come April-ish.

I'm guessing Tanev is the only D they will lose if lockout ends. Jeremy Price is in his final college yr and will need a Canucks contract in April. If McNally can't find another college, he'll need a Canucks contract soon. And Corrado will join the Wolves in April (Doesn't even take into account Henrik Tommernes) Anyone know what the Canucks contract # is at, under 50?

Bordeleau has been suspended for his assholic hit on sweatt last game.

]SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Lake Erie Monsters left wing Patrick Bordeleau has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game vs. Chicago on Dec. 15.

Bordeleau will miss Lake Erie’s games Wednesday (Dec. 19) vs. Toronto and Thursday (Dec. 20) and Saturday (Dec. 22) vs. Houston.

Archived