The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Chelsea is steamrolling the premiership right now. Class of the league as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't shock me if they're 15 points clear by Christmas.

Chelsea will eventually come down to earth but as alluded to, doesn't look like many teams can challenge them. We've yet to see them against United or Liverpool but not sure either can do much better.

Not a Gooner but I have been pulling for them this year. They've been faced with lot of key injuries but have still managed to get decent results(apart from Sunday's performance). Some rumours have them linked to Khedira, which isn't a bad move at all and would be a very strong piece for them.

Been a great season thus far in general.

Just what Arsenal needed:

"Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil (knee) out up to three months"

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2014/10/08/germany-arsenal-mesut-ozil-knee-injury-out?xid=nl_siextra

Bad news for Germany too.. well, if he was going to be playing in the Euro qualifiers.

LOL

This also hits Man U pretty hard too as they'd lose seeding if Bundesliga team Schalke gets one more win, and if Dortmund makes it to QF/SF this CL season.

That is, presuming Man U doesn't win PL.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Iker Casillas... lol

What is it with Spain mate? Their movement up front is woeful, very easy to defend against, even Skrtel managed it!!! Is Del Bosque under pressure?

Have to believe that De Gea will be in goal for the next game, he has been sensational for us. Last week against Everton was as good a goalkeeping display as I've ever seen. Incredible.

Also baffles me how Mata cant get in that squad. There are a few who sit around me at Old Trafford willing to sell him in January, I don't get that. For me he is United's best "number 10" and should play there behind Rooney and Falcao. Van Persie needs to do more, much more in my opinion.

What is it with Spain mate? Their movement up front is woeful, very easy to defend against, even Skrtel managed it!!! Is Del Bosque under pressure?

Have to believe that De Gea will be in goal for the next game, he has been sensational for us. Last week against Everton was as good a goalkeeping display as I've ever seen. Incredible.

Also baffles me how Mata cant get in that squad. There are a few who sit around me at Old Trafford willing to sell him in January, I don't get that. For me he is United's best "number 10" and should play there behind Rooney and Falcao. Van Persie needs to do more, much more in my opinion.

We need some major changes, but Del Bosque doesn't like changing anything. Our style needs to be played fast and we don't. We have very good and young players, but he is afraid of sending Iniesta, Busquets, Piqué... to the bench. Big pressure is on Casillas. People want DB out but media, he is a former Real Madrid coach, got his back. He has become a terrible manager. Thank god he played De Gea today, Casillas is not good anymore. De Gea should have played in Brazil.

Edited by CanucksMadrid